NICREW HYPER REEF 50W --Any Experience on quality, coral growth and optimum mix?

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used these lights, but I've always heard good things about them for the price. I'm not sure if you'd be interested in this, but here is a link to another thread from a few months ago where another user listed their par readings from this light.

thankyou i need this rn

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching this as I have one (Nicrew HyperReef 50W) on a 40g breeder that I'm about to tank transfer to, and am probably going to buy a 2nd one and see how it goes.

I can't answer any of your questions since I'm not using the light yet (other than quick tests on the tank in the garage) but, in case you didn't see this thread, it has tons of discussion on these lights, including cheap controller options/etc:

R2R Nicrew Hyper Reef Thread
I have. Two of these on my 40g breeder and I can say these are possibly the best lights in my opinion. My corals are growing like weeds, even the hard ones. My Duncan’s has 8 heads. I currently have an acan that has 5 new heads on a single head. I love these lights! I run them on 100%. I have the full spectrum until 3pm or whatever time I’m able to switch it over. Then I go and hit the W button. Until I get mostly blue but still keeping some white and color. I love these lights! I recently started a 15g and put one on there. Hope the tank is doing well!

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 50w Nicrew light and returned it. It was a little under-powered for my tank (35g). I think it's probably good for a 14g or below, but may struggle with larger nano tanks with more light demanding corals. I bought the Smat Farms 95w light and like it much more than the Nicrew. Once you figure out the menu, it's set it and forget it. There's a nice shimmer (which I love) to the light and it will cover an IM 25 lagoon perfectly. Sorry, didn't mean to derail your thread, but for a little more money, the Smat Farm led is a great choice for nanos on a budget.
I purchased both the nicrew 50 and the smatfarm 60 and I loved everything about the smatfarm other than I couldn’t b adjust the white blue balance like I wanted. I prefer more white yellow on my tanks and the 60 always had blue even in the white channel. But the hardware, programming, all of that I like much better than the nicrew. But at the end of the day, I wanted the tank to look how I wanted so stuck with the nicrew to avoid that windex look. If I could find a strong light that did only yellow/white/red/green, I’d purchase that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back