Nicrew Hyper Reef Led

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you set up the settings in the controller?
You can either create a custom schedule or use one of the premade ones. I am currently using the premade "Tuna Blue" Schedule, with minor changes to the times. I can look at it when I get home and make a programming "walkthrough" I don't remember off the top of my head how to do it, though it is pretty easy.

SqualoBruto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Le plafoniere sono a 26 cm dall'acqua. Mettendo 40% bianche e 80% blu è troppo buio in vasca. La vasca misura 120x60x60 in cm. Scrivo dell'Italia, spero che il traduttore funzioni bene

Bradicalink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any cheap controllers that work with nicrew lights?

This controller works for the 50w nicrew. It doesnt allow to switch between modes(white, blue, or mix lighting) but does have 6 programmable timers with adjustable intensity between them and 3 modes for ramp up(0, 15 minutes, and 30 minutes).

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your intensity for blue and white set at?
My blues start to ramp up at 5:30am and run at 100% until they start to ramp down at 8:00pm. The whites start to ramp at 10:30am and run until 3:30pm at 65% (if I’m remembering the whites percentage accurately).

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The go with the 30W Nicrew. Great light! 30W HyperReef
I have a 45 gallon that is 28 inch deep. Currently running t5 hybrid w aquaknight 30 w. Not sure if there is enough light for sps. I took par readings awhile ago and sand was 100 par but was thinking of upgrading lights to nicrew 50 watts or AI primes. Not sure the differences between them. Any thoughts?

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45 gallon that is 28 inch deep. Currently running t5 hybrid w aquaknight 30 w. Not sure if there is enough light for sps. I took par readings awhile ago and sand was 100 par but was thinking of upgrading lights to nicrew 50 watts or AI primes. Not sure the differences between them. Any thoughts?
30W Nicrew is probably doesn't pack enough punch for that deep. I've got the 50W on a 10G Waterbox, and have LPS and SPS on the bottom (roughly 14" deep). I would guesstimate that the 30W would be ok to about 14-16" deep (and still have a decent PAR). 28" is pretty deep. If you kept SP from the middle to top, you should be fine with 50W.

AI Primes are roughly 58ish Watts if I remember correctly. I've had both lights, and ended up selling my AI Prime. The 50W Nicrew was less than half price and comes with a mounting kit. There should be a controller out for the light sometime this summer (if it isn't out already).

I'd rather buy two Nicrew 50's than one AI Prime to be honest. The adjustability isn't too bad with it, and once the controller comes out, should offer more tweaking.

Good luck!

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I would definitely go with a nicrew 50w light, I have one for sale and can give it to you for a decent price!

Dubie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree if I was stuck using the onboard control for the lights. It would be extremely difficult to find a setting that I was happy with. Using the Kessil Spectral Controller X has made ALL the difference for me. Hopefully the Nicrew controller gives similar results.
Hi, I'm having trouble setting up the spectral x with my 2 50 nicrews, can u assist?

Dubie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can either create a custom schedule or use one of the premade ones. I am currently using the premade "Tuna Blue" Schedule, with minor changes to the times. I can look at it when I get home and make a programming "walkthrough" I don't remember off the top of my head how to do it, though it is pretty easy.
Would u post detailed instructions? I set up my own preset in tunablue but it looks as tunasun is still running and no lamps are recognized either way.

tikalize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the fan noise bother any of you? i heard it sounds like a computer fan.

Back