Nicrew Hyper Reef Led

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone ever got any par readings off this light or are currently using this light on a mixed reef? i like the price and the fact that it comes with a tank mount

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i suppose for a mixed reef it doesn't need to be super powerful par but i do have some sps and i would like to know how much par these things put out for the future so many budget leds im torn between these nicrew hyperreefs the ocean revive and the noopsyche k7

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased two of these to supplement my ap700 on my 60 gallon tank. The corners stay too shadowy with just the ap700 because the tank is 48 inches.

The nicrew just arrived today I dont have them up yet but they are big i was surprised.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased two of these to supplement my ap700 on my 60 gallon tank. The corners stay too shadowy with just the ap700 because the tank is 48 inches.

The nicrew just arrived today I dont have them up yet but they are big i was surprised.
When you get them up and running be sure to come back and let us know how you like them

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 50w version on my biocube. The biocube was in my garage for a decade (tried to get my son interested, he didn't get interested and tookn it down). This is not my main aquarium so no big buck items. Live rock came out of my other tank, $80 JBJ ATO, $70 hygger nano wave maker, 20lb bag of live sand and the nicrew light.
I have no complaints. As long as you know there isn't going to be any sunrise/sunset/app control, individual spectrum control etc. Basically you set blue and white channel intensities to where you like them and plug into an outlet timer to turn on/off automatically (Same for my other tank with two halides only). You can make it as blue or white as you want it. On my size tank I'm sure it will grow anything. Only sps I have are montipora cap, reverse superman monti and a green stylo. I have a neon green goni, zoa and some encrusters on at the bottom. Light was strong enough to bleach a lepto at the bottom so I moved it into shade. Everything else has been fine and maintained their colors. I run blue channel at 60%, white channel at 20%. No skimmer, 250ml Seachem matrix media in back chamber, factory biocube cartridge filters and weekly 25% water changes. Hasn't been up long enough for any growth reports
20200913_144937.jpg

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 50w version on my biocube. The biocube was in my garage for a decade (tried to get my son interested, he didn't get interested and tookn it down). This is not my main aquarium so no big buck items. Live rock came out of my other tank, $80 JBJ ATO, $70 hygger nano wave maker, 20lb bag of live sand and the nicrew light.
I have no complaints. As long as you know there isn't going to be any sunrise/sunset/app control, individual spectrum control etc. Basically you set blue and white channel intensities to where you like them and plug into an outlet timer to turn on/off automatically (Same for my other tank with two halides only). You can make it as blue or white as you want it. On my size tank I'm sure it will grow anything. Only sps I have are montipora cap, reverse superman monti and a green stylo. I have a neon green goni, zoa and some encrusters on at the bottom. Light was strong enough to bleach a lepto at the bottom so I moved it into shade. Everything else has been fine and maintained their colors. I run blue channel at 60%, white channel at 20%. No skimmer, 250ml Seachem matrix media in back chamber, factory biocube cartridge filters and weekly 25% water changes. Hasn't been up long enough for any growth reports
20200913_144937.jpg
That looks sweet!

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get them up and running be sure to come back and let us know how you like them
I got them up last night, have not fooled with them much yet. I've got them set on 2nd to lowest blues right now. I want to lower my ap700 this weekend and dial everything in a little tighter.

I saw a Nicrew dual channel ramp timer, ordered that yesterday super cheap like $15. I'll update again this weekend when I get everything dialed in.
20200923_185733.jpg

ShrimpDemolisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have the light with dual channel timer working?

Thank god I found this thread. I just ordered the light today and it's coming next week.

I'd suggest you look into the Pro timer by Nicrew as well. This timer is versatile and might work on the Nicrew HyperReef if it has the right connections. I showed you the male-female jack in the pics. Whoever has the light could you confirm if it has this connections? With this timer you can adjust intensity and program the light to mimic sunrise/sunset mode. I have 2 of these connected to different Nicrew units for my FW tanks.

20201030_134752.jpg

20201030_134615.jpg

20201030_134747.jpg

Last edited:

Saltfishlover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used this and it burned out first day. Contacted Nicrew and was told not to use timers for the 100w as they don't have one that will work yet. Since then I have stopped using the lights as it seems hard to get growth in my 30gal

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm going to return it and get something else

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have the light with dual channel timer working?
I have it with the timer on my Evo 13.5. Great adjustability, Ramps up and down nicely for sunrise/sunset. My corals are very happy with it, oh, mine is the 30watt!

daybreaksky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone tell me if these lights have the 0-10v jacks on the back as their video claims. can't find other info but it claims to be controllable through 0-10v which can be done easily with something like reef Pi

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank god I found this thread. I just ordered the light today and it's coming next week.

I'd suggest you look into the Pro timer by Nicrew as well. This timer is versatile and might work on the Nicrew HyperReef if it has the right connections. I showed you the male-female jack in the pics. Whoever has the light could you confirm if it has this connections? With this timer you can adjust intensity and program the light to mimic sunrise/sunset mode. I have 2 of these connected to different Nicrew units for my FW tanks.

20201030_134752.jpg

20201030_134615.jpg

20201030_134747.jpg

Yeah I found that timer recently. Works well with a Fluval 13.5 Stock light. It only Works on NiCrew hyper reef 30 Watt version. I wanted to use one of those timers on a refugium light lol for a clean look. Burnt out immediately. Nicrew supposedly has a timer comming for the higher voltage and wattage versions. That stuffs all fairly new. The timer works great although!!! No issues. On my
Low voltage stock light. Considering upgrading to the 30 watt and going hoodless on the Evo. Not expensive.

daybreaksky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they confirmer a controller is coming and you can use Kessil spectral controller x on the higher wattage ones at present through the 0-10 on the back. i just got the light but haven't had time to explore further but they have been great at communication so far

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im wondering if i should get the 30w for my 29g biocube or the 50w not gonna have sps just anemones and maybe a torch coral or two

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back