NICREW Hyperreef 30w

BrooksMcC

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Location
Charlotte
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am very new to this hobby. I’ve kept freshwater for years. I currently have 9 freshwater tanks. I’m now 4 months in on my first reef tank. Successfully navigated the ugly phase and have some (8) frags so far. Nothing to write home about. The light on the Evo 13.5 died… the replacement took forever to ship, so I purchased the NICREW Hyperreef 30w to get me by. I love how it looks. I have a diy top on now and have a red sea mesh top on order from BRS. Have two questions:
1) Does anyone have reliable IN WATER par levels for this light? I can only find the Info for the light from the manufacturer at 24” in air. My coral is closer but… under water.
2) Is this enough light for a softie/LPS EVO 13.5? I know bigger isn’t always better. I am tempted to trade up to the Hyperreef 50. Is this overkill? The tank isn’t that deep and I have the light as low (height) as it will go.

I will work on cable management once I decide on a final light solution. I promise!

A33AE94F-4F0D-464B-9459-BD583F43E2DE.jpeg
 
that light will suffice for that size tank. can't help you much with PAR readings or even efficiency as i do not have that light. you could always raise the light and look for someone to maybe 3D print some blinds of sorts to direct the light in the tank rather than have some of it spill out due to raising the height. try out the 30 before jumping to the 50.

also, welcome aboard the r2r board!
 
I am getting a 32 watt Nicrew saltwater classic today for my 20 gallon. Hopefully it turns out to be a good value until I can get something more substantial.

Putting money in water movement and everything but the light for now until I get more serious about coral. I know I probably won't be keeping SPS but at the same time I am not ready for a very long time because my tank has only been up for a few weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new