Nicrew Light Dimming

Agrass1992

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 3 Nicrew 100W LED lights on my tank () with a smart surge protector () which acts as a timer for turning the lights on and off. This works just fine, however these lights have the option for 0-10v external control, supposedly. There are two spots on the back of the light that are for the 0-10v input and output, but I have not seen anyone who is using them. I have considered getting three simple timers that I use for each light (), but I want to try and find a true 0-10v controller. Would the Kessil spectral controller work? Are there other options out there?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting... I already. use a cheap Current USA led for dusk/ dawn effects and red lights fish catching. but otoh It’d be nice to setup seasonal lighting tables using a controller

kels64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 3 Nicrew 100W LED lights on my tank () with a smart surge protector () which acts as a timer for turning the lights on and off. This works just fine, however these lights have the option for 0-10v external control, supposedly. There are two spots on the back of the light that are for the 0-10v input and output, but I have not seen anyone who is using them. I have considered getting three simple timers that I use for each light (), but I want to try and find a true 0-10v controller. Would the Kessil spectral controller work? Are there other options out there?

I tried using the nicrew controller and it sizzled and caught on fire within about 15 minutes. I would highly recommend against it. Luckily it didn’t damage my lights!

OP
OP
Agrass1992

Agrass1992

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update,

Since I purchased the nicrews I have since bought a neptune controller and it ramps the blue channel up and down flawlessly. I use the nicrews for their blues only and use t5 lights during the day.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The writeup does state the following:

Q1: Can I use timer to control HyperReef LEDs?

Yes, HyperReef 50, 100 and 150 can be connected to an external 0-10V controller. You can use Kessil Spectral Controller X to control the lights if you have one. Please notice, we don't recommend you to use Kessil A-Series Spectral Controller currently (because the controller cannot turn off HyperReef white channel completely when we tested, minimum brightness is 5%). For HyperReef 30, you can buy our dual channel timer instead. Please do not buy our single channel timer, single channel timer pro and dual channel timer to connect with HyperReef 50, 100 and 150. They are not compatible.

kels64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The writeup does state the following:

Q1: Can I use timer to control HyperReef LEDs?

Yes, HyperReef 50, 100 and 150 can be connected to an external 0-10V controller. You can use Kessil Spectral Controller X to control the lights if you have one. Please notice, we don't recommend you to use Kessil A-Series Spectral Controller currently (because the controller cannot turn off HyperReef white channel completely when we tested, minimum brightness is 5%). For HyperReef 30, you can buy our dual channel timer instead. Please do not buy our single channel timer, single channel timer pro and dual channel timer to connect with HyperReef 50, 100 and 150. They are not compatible.
This was on one of their smaller lights and it was the one that they sold me to go with the light. Shortly after that they discontinued it and said that they were coming up with a new timer.

Back