Nitrate & Phosphate level increase

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've moved a small clump of chaeto from my refugium to a 5g holding tank. My chaeto has not been growing and yet I have algae in my DT. So while I'm working on getting the nuisance algae out of the DT, I want to increase my chaeto in the 5g holding tank. I have a small pump in there, and the chaeto is slowly turning over. I also have an led fixture providing 300 PAR at the chaeto.

Now I want to add some nitrate and phosphate to help the chaeto grow. Any ideas on what I can add to the tank to increase these levels and 'fertilize' the chaeto?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've moved a small clump of chaeto from my refugium to a 5g holding tank. My chaeto has not been growing and yet I have algae in my DT. So while I'm working on getting the nuisance algae out of the DT, I want to increase my chaeto in the 5g holding tank. I have a small pump in there, and the chaeto is slowly turning over. I also have an led fixture providing 300 PAR at the chaeto.

Now I want to add some nitrate and phosphate to help the chaeto grow. Any ideas on what I can add to the tank to increase these levels and 'fertilize' the chaeto?
Amazon is a good place to get sodium nitrate and trisodium phosphate.

Although, you can use seachem nitrogen and phosphorus. I have used them to grow cheato and other macros in a clean system before expanding. I now order powder in bulk and have to supplement iron as well.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t grow Chaeto for ever it seemed like even in your case with having algae. I started dosing food grade product and took a bit to get it figured out in my doser but works like a charm now and Chaeto is growing nicely. The picture is the product I use.

2DF14172-20E9-4319-B67A-B6C61B70B4C3.jpeg

Back