No bones about it! Have you thought about keeping an invertebrate-only tank?

Have you thought about keeping an invertebrate-only tank?

• I currently have an invertebrate-only tank.

Votes: 25 11.1%
  • I have thought about keeping an invertebrate-only tank.

Votes: 45 19.9%
  • I am open to keeping an invertebrate-only tank in the future.

Votes: 57 25.2%
  • I am not interested in keeping an invertebrate-only tank.

Votes: 94 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters

Guy317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a pico 6 gallon tank from Reef Casa with a couple of coral and sexy shrimp they are so small but in the pico tank they don’t get lost I love looking at them

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 33

formallydehyde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried a couple times to have invert only tanks, one a rock nem nano, the other a clam only system.

Surprisingly enough both times very large pods grew, no idea of species, but they chewed on clam mantels and the rock nem mouths!

I didn’t want to add fish, but did put in a single small fish to control the pods and didn’t have issues after that.
My tank is currently invert only for almost a year now but I am in the exact same boat. I just put in an order for my first fish (pink-streaked wrasse) because of an overgrowth of pods, particularly amphipods. They irritate all my snails and my Elysia slug (I think they've actually injured her a few times now), steal food from my shrimp and crabs, and I suspect they ate the berghias I added. I was really hoping my peppermint shrimp would hunt them, and every once it in a while I see them kill one, but it's definitely not frequent enough to keep up with their insane reproduction rate.

As excited as I am for this particular fish now, I do wish there was a non-fish option for pod control that wouldn't murder everyone in my tank.

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a pico 6 gallon tank from Reef Casa with a couple of coral and sexy shrimp they are so small but in the pico tank they don’t get lost I love looking at them
Love your stand!!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember, I wasn't able to keep them very long. That was probably 40 years ago.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of have an invert tank! Got a 15 with 2 hermits, 2 snails, a tiger conch, a coral banded shrimp, an emerald crab. Not sure what corals I want, thinking about a rock flower tank or a torch tank. But couldnt resist having a pair of clowns in there lol I do love clownfish. Not a tank without them if you ask me :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back