No more water changes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Congrats to ATI and Marine Depot!

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
No, the ATI Lab and Essentials is completely different than Triton in terms of the brand, supplements and methodology. It was developed separately and does require different methods to take full advantage of the system.

In a nutshell, both systems are very similar and work around the same concept. ATI does have some benefits over the competition though. ATI tests a total of 43 parameters including Salinity, Alkalinity, and Nitrate which are three critical parameters for my reef keeping game. :) You will also save a bit of costs up front as the ATI test kit is more affordable with a pre-paid shipping label and no-cost RO/DI water test included.

-Robert @ MD

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I really like this one. ;Happy
What do you mean by "and does require different methods to take full advantage of the system." please?

The main difference I see is in the additives and how your apply them to your tank. At a glance though, they are pretty much taking the same approach to keeping a reef tank.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
The main difference I see is in the additives and how your apply them to your tank. At a glance though, they are pretty much taking the same approach to keeping a reef tank.

I understand thanks. And what is the difference between the how you apply them? I'm trying to understand the difference. I've checked Triton can be diluted as well for accuracy and 3a and 3b can be combined together. So it's same:

Number 1 = Magnesium + Traces
Number 2 = Calcium + Traces
Number 3A = Alkalinity + Traces Number 3B = Alkalinity + Traces ( can be together ).

So also three bottles and you dose like 3 bottles ATI.
What I'm missing please in the application process difference ?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I understand thanks. And what is the difference between the how you apply them? I'm trying to understand the difference. I've checked Triton can be diluted as well for accuracy and 3a and 3b can be combined together. So it's same:

Number 1 = Magnesium + Traces
Number 2 = Calcium + Traces
Number 3A = Alkalinity + Traces Number 3B = Alkalinity + Traces ( can be together ).

So also three bottles and you dose like 3 bottles ATI.
What I'm missing please in the application process difference ?

I was referring to exactly that, the three vs four bottles for the main supplementation. I suppose the only difference past that would be the amounts and calculations for your tank!

-Robert @ MD

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
I was referring to exactly that, the three vs four bottles for the main supplementation. I suppose the only difference past that would be the amounts and calculations for your tank!

-Robert @ MD

Got it thanks again guys, so we can say same thing but better ingredients and probably ratios. ;)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Got it thanks again guys, so we can say same thing but better ingredients and probably ratios. ;)

I think that will ultimately be difference, how effective and easy are the Essentials and other supplements to implement. Ingredients and ratios will have some affect here and sharing your experiences with the community will be a great way to ideally fine tune both methods!

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
I like their scoring method on the test, funny social part. ;Playful On the website.

inh

View Badges
Reaction score
I ordered a test yesterday, shipped today.

My question, is there a document that explains their method? Requirements etc.

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow, ATI rebranded a Jebao doser.... So how many people will buy it now with the ATI stamp on it that wouldn't have purchased it with the Jebao brand on it? FYI, you can get a Jebao DP-4 and DP-4s to have 8 heads total for an equal or lesser price depending on where you purchase the doser from.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Wondering how it's better to mix them and store. I can't find any HDPE 3 gallons water containers to mix 10 litters of it. Mixing in small amount is not the way to go as well.
Something like this will work good:
https://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Produc...cts+00756+Beverage+Dispenser,+3-Gallon,+Clear

3 bottles by 3g mixed and you dose from small bottles and refill them from these large bottles when needed.
But doesn't looks like they're HDPE ....

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back