No3, Po4 Dosing. What are you using?

ChaseBurke

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2018
Messages
333
Reaction score
305
Location
Idaho Falls
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone using to dose N03 and Po4? I have 90 gallons total system volume running full triton method. The tank has been up about 5 months and I have never seen a po4 reading and saw a 5ppm No3 reading once. I have a pretty good fish stock. Tried dialing chaeto light back, feeding more, using Brightwells No3 and Po4 but i feel like its to watered down to get a reading. Any suggestions? ICP/OES Testing should be done today or tomorrow.
 
I use sodium nitrate and monosodium phosphate, it's WAY cheaper. Potassium nitrate works too but it will also raise your potassium levels and maybe you don't need that.
 
@Instigate any brands you recommend or where you buy from?
This is the monosodium nitrate I've been using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071RBS77P/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The sodium nitrate I bought isn't available currently but I found this one: https://www.amazon.com/Nitrite-Granular-Flowing-Processing-Manufacturing/dp/B06Y18VFDW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=sodium+nitrate+food+grade&qid=1553649795&s=gateway&sr=8-2&th=1

I wish BRS would stock these in pharma grade!
 
For me I was a bit nervous adding anything not designed for the aquarium industry so I used the brightwell neophos and neonitro. I chose to pay a little extra for my own peace of mind. I’m not knocking what anyone else does this is just what made sense to me.
 
I use trisodium phosphate and sodium nitrate from loudwolf. Mixes clear, does not separate, and in a few tanks is actually added via the ATO. Too much tank watching and calculating now that I think back lol.
 
lol I must have been out of it when I posted this. I meant monosodium phosphate obviously and I must have read nitrate when it said nitrite in the second link, so please disregard that second link. :eek:
 
After overdosing(doser failure) sodium phosphate went a completely different route.

Now dose red sea energy a and b every day. Not in the purest sense no3 and po4 dosing.

But at 3 ml of each, .5ml of selcon mixed with my frozen food i am able to keep nitrate just detectable.

Mix all together in a feeding cup with 3ml of tank water to thaw and dump in.
 
I'll resurrect this thread

Looking for info on the correct mix for the suggested products

It's not easy to find the info needed to mix this stuff, so happy to hear info from users

IE how to mix etc
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new