OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did. didnt enjoy getting attacked by a tiger mantis shrimp trying to find cool stuff in the oyster beds and mangroves. i had to walk through oysters barefoot while my foot was gushing blood and fish were pecking at my blood. i was on a seawall so i couldnt just run out of the water without getting my feet amputated

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction GIF

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i fixed it and i did tank its 1 week old now i used some encrusted dead oyster shells with chaeto barnacle and sea lettuce and other things. all the collecting i did in florida most of it died in the car. i have mangroves and turtle grass too. i got some encrusted cool shells and some wild caught dry rock to beef up my scape. the algae on my rocks is taking off. i also found a tiny gorg or kenya tree that i hope survives but im having very low expectations for it. i went to my lfs and got a gsp colony the size of my fist, a blenny, idk exact species but i will get a pic later. i got 3 hermits and 3 snails (scarlet, blue, black hermits) and (turbo, tecta, cerith snails) i also got a peppermint shrimp that my mom says is evil aha. the blenny got ich but i cured it with a fw dip and some nitrofurazone in a 2nd dip. i am on my grandma's laptop temporarily then im prob gonna have to go agian on like wednesday because my grandma will be leaving. my pc died while i was gone and i decided to just buy my reef tank (probably an irrational thing to do XD)
You collected all of that from the beach??
this is definitely illegal seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Season 5 Tom GIF by Parks and Recreation

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of the legalities lol .... The shells and stuff he's good. It's the rock, oysters, gorgonian/soft coral and possibly the mangroves that was harvested..... Harvesting rock from FL. Waters is no bueno. Also if the oysters we're live it depends on the spot it was harvested, because one there's seasons and two only few spots around the state where they can be harvested because of the pollution these animals consume. And as for the softies/gorgonians... Florida's coral population has been decimated by red tide and higher than average sea temps,, also... No bueno... I sent this info on regulations in one of the "20 long" threads. Also if you're under 16 no Florida fishing license is required. You really gotta know your regs down here lol FWC does not play!! One of the many reasons the FL. State fisheries is so good.
Screenshot_20210619-233604.png
Screenshot_20210619-233658.png
Screenshot_20210619-233725.png

Again, I HIGHLY suggest you get up to date with the regs, buddy. I sent them in one of your other threads but we can see how that advice wasn't taken. You don't want to deal with fines and court and all that stuff if your caught with anything that was harvested illegally..

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im 14 . also how do id my blenny. he looks liek a combtooth but all grey
same size same stress marks same white lip tips literally everything like combtooth but all grey

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back