Noisy brand new sicce 1.0

Handley1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! This is my first post here.

I had my new sicce 1.0 delivered today, and have put it straight in the chamber of my fluval Evo.
It's very loud (can hear it over the TV).

I've held it in the middle of the tank and its not loud at all! But cannot seem to get it to be quiet in the chamber it needs to be in.

I've made sure all suction cups are down, tried changing suction cups, put it on top of a sponge and it just remains so loud.
I've taken it apart and put it back together; ensuring all parts where intact and also washed it out.

I've ran out of ideas, any ideas/ help would be appreciated

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you put the rubber feet on or the suction cups on the bottom?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef! If it is not loud when suspended in the tank, the noise is most likely from the pump coming in contact with the chamber somewhere. Is there any possibility that it's touching the side of the chamber?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the pump is sitting level and flat on all 4 feet? Can you show a picture of it setup when it's making the noise? May help

OP
OP
Handley1995

Handley1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to center it as much as I can in the chamber and it's still the same

I've attached 2 videos of the pump suspended and then in the chamber and you can hear the difference.

Also an image of how it's sitting in the chamber

IMG_20191102_140136.jpg

Attachments

• VID_20191102_140040.mp4
    18.3 MB
  • VID_20191102_135740.mp4
    13.4 MB

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connected to the pump, is that hard line or rubber tubing? I've found that using silicone tubing really helps with vibration noise.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes these pumps are noisy, i had to return mine bacuse something was wrong with the impeller and it rattled

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the stock rubber tubing, I will order some silicone tubing to see if it helps thanks
Otherwise, worse case senarios, email Sicce and they will take care of you. I've had nothing but good experiences with them and customer service.

OP
OP
Handley1995

Handley1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Otherwise, worse case senarios, email Sicce and they will take care of you. I've had nothing but good experiences with them and customer service.
I will email the seller and sicce. This is my second sicce 1.0; the first one arrived broken. I got a full refund. It's just so strange that it's silent when suspended in the middle.of the tank and really loud in the chamber

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will email the seller and sicce. This is my second sicce 1.0; the first one arrived broken. I got a full refund. It's just so strange that it's silent when suspended in the middle.of the tank and really loud in the chamber
When suspended, if you move it around does it make noise? Like hold it straight, then hold it sideways, then upside down. Does changing the orientation effect noise level at all?

OP
OP
Handley1995

Handley1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When suspended, if you move it around does it make noise? Like hold it straight, then hold it sideways, then upside down. Does changing the orientation effect noise level at all?
No it stays at the same very quite noise no matter which way I move it around. Even put my tubing on and still the same quiet noise. It's just when it's inside the chamber, ive tried to move it around and it's still noisy

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no loose pieces or anything in that chamber are there? It just seems weird. If it was an issue with the pump it (in theory) should make the noise all the time.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the tubing in contact at all with the wall of the chamber? That could be the cause of the noise. I have the same pump in the third chamber of my IM Fusion 10 gallon and it's so quiet I can't hear it from my chair which is right up against the tank.

OP
OP
Handley1995

Handley1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no loose pieces or anything in that chamber are there? It just seems weird. If it was an issue with the pump it (in theory) should make the noise all the time.
The chamber is completely clear of any debris, and I've moved it a million times to make sure it's not up against the glass lol

OP
OP
Handley1995

Handley1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the tubing in contact at all with the wall of the chamber? That could be the cause of the noise. I have the same pump in the third chamber of my IM Fusion 10 gallon and it's so quiet I can't hear it from my chair which is right up against the tank.
The tubing isn't touching the wall at all just screws into the nozzles through a hole pre cut in the tank wall.
The tubing is a little long and It bends slightly is the only other thing I can think off

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought. Have you tried holding the return nozzle firmly while it's running? Maybe the vibration is coming from there. Really weird.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back