Noisy protein skimmer

LizB

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! So recently, I bought an aquaticlife internal mini skimmer for 30 gallons. My tank is a 8.5 gal, so it's perfect for my needs. I have my tank set up in my bedroom, and this skimmer is really noisy, and i don't have any intentions of moving my tank. Is there any way (covering up the intake a little bit?) that I can make this skimmer softer?
~thanks ><(((*>
 
Hi! So recently, I bought an aquaticlife internal mini skimmer for 30 gallons. My tank is a 8.5 gal, so it's perfect for my needs. I have my tank set up in my bedroom, and this skimmer is really noisy, and i don't have any intentions of moving my tank. Is there any way (covering up the intake a little bit?) that I can make this skimmer softer?
~thanks ><(((*>
You can make a silencer for the intake if that is the noisy part.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/silencing-a-skimmer.228765/
 
1486397886748.jpeg

Thanks! So, I took the small black elbow out and inserted a longer tubing piece to the outside of the tank. All I can hear is a slight bubble popping noise, which is very relaxing. ><(((*>
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new