Noo-Psyche K7 Pro V3 - Wrong Power Supply?

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But if its ordered from Alie, that isnt the true noop site, just a reseller.

Actual noopsyche has a www... addy to order from directly which IIRC @Zach B is involved with for the USA drop shipping.
Yes and noopsyche has no affiliation with those sales...I talk to noop quite often helping them out. So i might reach out to my contact and see whats going on i just need to know where exactly it was ordered from. Zach is awesome and has been an amazing asset to noop for here in the states.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So the good news is that is a power supply used by Noopsyche - at least one of the correct brands. I have the 90 watt K7 Pro II and it uses the 96W power supply - the same posted by @N1tew0lf1212 . I also have the K7 V3 and the K7 Pro III and the K7 Pro II 60 watt.

IMG_20230907_143732447.jpg
IMG_20230907_143653614.jpg
IMG_20230907_143151279.jpg

Your power supply looks like the Pro II power supply except both of mine are 96W.

Looking on the Noo-Psyche website it looks like you were provided the wrong power supply - the website says the input should be 3 amps, not 2.5. also, as stated by others the output should be 6 amps, not 5.25 amps. Did you order from Noopsyche or from a different website?

OP
OP
G150Driver

G150Driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the good news is that is a power supply used by Noopsyche - at least one of the correct brands. I have the 90 watt K7 Pro II and it uses the 96W power supply - the same posted by @N1tew0lf1212 . I also have the K7 V3 and the K7 Pro III and the K7 Pro II 60 watt.

IMG_20230907_143732447.jpg
IMG_20230907_143653614.jpg
IMG_20230907_143151279.jpg

Your power supply looks like the Pro II power supply except both of mine are 96W.

Looking on the Noo-Psyche website it looks like you were provided the wrong power supply - the website says the input should be 3 amps, not 2.5. also, as stated by others the output should be 6 amps, not 5.25 amps. Did you order from Noopsyche or from a different website?
Thanks everyone for the attention here.

This was purchased directly from
https://noopsychereeflight.com/. I created an account there and placed my order. I was surprised it came from China as well. The power supply looks just like the mini one, just 126watts.

I’ve emailed the seller and tried using their chat support. I’m waiting for approval into the Facebook group for after-sales support there. No replies from them and I started last evening after seeking info here.

OP
OP
G150Driver

G150Driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. I'm wondering where did the OP order from?

...Or is the point of sale/production cheapening out?

The curse of chinahut ordering ☹️
But if its ordered from Alie, that isnt the true noop site, just a reseller.

Actual noopsyche has a www... addy to order from directly which IIRC @Zach B is involved with for the USA drop shipping.

Edit: here is the website if you didnt order from there it isnt direct from manufacturer.

This is exactly where I ordered from. I followed the links here on this forum. Very disappointing if this wasn’t a simple mistake.

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to order two of these, but this situation is making me rethink that idea.

OP
OP
G150Driver

G150Driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to order two of these, but this situation is making me rethink that idea.
My greatest concern would be running these light with too much draw and overheating the supply. Seems like a fire hazard to me (though I’m not an electrician).

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you ask for clarification on how to test it?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They're usually pretty responsive and easy to work with, they're just on China time so it makes the timing of responses happen later in the evening/early morning.

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m glad I didn’t end up ordering a few days back when I had planned. Im bummed out because I wanted to try something different for a frag tank build that I’m almost finished with but I’ll just have to keep on shopping around I guess.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,
This is the correct power supply. We upgraded the power supply because the last batch of power supplies had a failure rate that exceeded our standards, so we change the parts factory. It is a 140watt power supply not 126w. Only the labeling has not changed, please let it work without worries

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
This is the correct power supply. We upgraded the power supply because the last batch of power supplies had a failure rate that exceeded our standards, so we change the parts factory. It is a 140watt power supply not 126w. Only the labeling has not changed, please let it work without worries
So if this is the case, are the metal and bronze colored power supplies the ones with the failure rate that is too high? And what type of failures?

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So if this is the case, are the metal and bronze colored power supplies the ones with the failure rate that is too high? And what type of failures?
That manufacturer caused a lot of trouble to us, so we decided to replace them. The metal case power supply purchased from www.noopsychereeflight.com is carefully selected. So far we have not received any issue report about the metal case power supply, so users please don't worry.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That manufacturer caused a lot of trouble for us to deal with, so we decided to replace them. The metal case power supply purchased from www.noopsychereeflight.com is carefully selected. So far we have not received any issue report about the metal case power supply, so users please don't worry.
Well that power supply is the one that is needed for the op's 140w unit so have you discontinued that bronze power supply and its now 126w one or did he get the wrong power supply shipped?

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 and all of my power supplies look like this one. Hopefully this is just a mistake and not Noopsyche skimping out

On a side note I thought all usa orders were to be fulfilled by Zack b and not ship from China :thinking-face:
Mine came from China. I took a pic of the shipping label and tracked it on the DHL site. The lights were on my doorsteps 100 hours after I ordered them. I was very impressed.

I did ask zach b a question prior to ordering and never got a response so I took a chance and ordered them anyway. I ordered directly from the Noop site.
IMG_1145.jpeg

OP
OP
G150Driver

G150Driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That manufacturer caused a lot of trouble to us, so we decided to replace them. The metal case power supply purchased from www.noopsychereeflight.com is carefully selected. So far we have not received any issue report about the metal case power supply, so users please don't worry.
Mine came from China. I took a pic of the shipping label and tracked it on the DHL site. The lights were on my doorsteps 100 hours after I ordered them. I was very impressed.

I did ask zach b a question prior to ordering and never got a response so I took a chance and ordered them anyway. I ordered directly from the Noop site.
IMG_1145.jpeg
Can you post a picture of the back of the included power supply, please? I’m looking for the output Volts and Amps. Is it plastic like mine or does it have a metal casing? Thanks.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well that power supply is the one that is needed for the op's 140w unit so have you discontinued that bronze power supply and its now 126w one or did he get the wrong power supply shipped?
The power of this power supply is 140watt instead of 126watt.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power of this power supply is 140watt instead of 126watt.
Ok so the power supply the op has is labeled wrong then is what your saying? Again has the bronze power supply been discontinued? All questions that will help everyone understand moving forward.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back