Noo-Psyche K7 Pro V3 - Wrong Power Supply?

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture of the back of the included power supply, please? I’m looking for the output Volts and Amps. Is it plastic like mine or does it have a metal casing? Thanks.
I posted the initial pic with the bronze power supply earlier the thread.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche please take the time to explain this power supply
6617E644-4C10-425F-88D6-49FACBAD53E8.jpeg

This is the power supply in question..... and is the power supply we all are here trying to understand if, how, and why it is correct? I value your products and want everyone here in this thread to value it as well. So can you explain it in more detail for all of us please.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry about it, I have 3 on my 120 and I don’t run any channels above 60% at any point in the day. If you run at full wattage you risk algae and coral bleaching, earlier light failure from thermal stress, and noisier fans on higher power! Here’s measured from my tplink power strip, 480 watt daily average on 10 hr cycle, let’s call it 50 watts per light. Coral has been mostly happy under the light, I had some bleaching after tank move when some corals were placed into higher par areas.

IMG_6585.jpeg
IMG_6684.jpeg

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have updated the power supply several times. This power supply is better for K7 PRO III. We are try making better products and ensuring better product quality.

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have updated the power supply several times. This power supply is better for K7 PRO III. We are try making better products and ensuring better product quality.
I also just received my new k7 yesterday. And the same power supply was sent with mine. I find it hard to trust that the power supply is just mislabeled.

The inefficient power utilization by weak or small power supplies also causes excessive heat. This inefficiency and power waste causes your device to overheat, leading to long-term damage to your hardware and even the risk of fire safety hazards

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the power supply we all ordered. I did not order an underpowered power supply. If this cannot be fulfilled can you please processed a full refund and I'll proceed the purchase something else. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230908_143341_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230908_143341_Samsung Internet.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
G150Driver

G150Driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just received my new k7 yesterday. And the same power supply was sent with mine. I find it hard to trust that the power supply is just mislabeled.

The inefficient power utilization by weak or small power supplies also causes excessive heat. This inefficiency and power waste causes your device to overheat, leading to long-term damage to your hardware and even the risk of fire safety hazards
This is unfortunate. I can’t imagine a company producing a power supply and labeling it incorrectly, especially if it is supposedly more capable than branded.

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is unfortunate. I can’t imagine a company producing a power supply and labeling it incorrectly, especially if it is supposedly more capable than branded.
Appears that they now redacted the info about the improved power supply from their website.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said earlier in this thread, the love/hate of buying chinahut stuff is real. I'm not fan boy towards noop as I have a few of another brand of chinese brand of lights doing just fine (Smat farm).

The lights are still a ultimate deal but caveat emptor for any of that china stuff. Also good luck with anything else outside of a chargeback to get your cash back.

In reality I bet any of y'all will run those lights just fine that arent happy with those power adapters as you wont be trying to max out on the output.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not a 126watt power supply, it is our customized 140watt power supply. If you don't believe it, run a 100% test on all channels for a few days or even a month, and come to me if it comes any issues. We measured the power supply power at 110v voltage to be approximately 140watt, and some users measured data reaching 145w. If you are worried, you can directly measure its actual output power with a multimeter to know the result. Every part of this power supply has stood up to the test. This is definitely a better power supply for k7 pro iii, not the power supply for your computer you guess. The power supplies made by this power supply manufacturer are of the best quality
In addition, you said that you saw the product introduction was the brass power supply, I can replace the power supply for you. Of course, refunds are also supported

Last edited:

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears that they now redacted the info about the improved power supply from their website.

I hear you. Overall LED marketing BS is not new to the hobby, see Jake’s video. My NooPsyches do output 140 watts at full power which matches marketing. And I do feel that a 120 watt adapter is sufficient for the way you will use them. I run 60 watts max

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine a couple weeks ago and it is the bronze model. Hoping they just decided to go cheaper with the new ones and mine doesn't actually have the issues that they alluded to.
Oh well, for $189 I have to say I didn't expect to be 100% happy but I'm close enough.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a 126watt power supply, it is our customized 140watt power supply. If you don't believe it, run a 100% test on all channels for a few days or even a month, and come to me if it comes any issues. We measured the power supply power at 110v voltage to be approximately 140watt, and some users measured data reaching 145w. If you are worried, you can directly measure its actual output power with a multimeter to know the result. Every part of this power supply has stood up to the test. This is definitely a better power supply for k7 pro iii, not the power supply for your computer you guess. The power supplies made by this power supply manufacturer are of the best quality
In addition, you said that you saw the product introduction was the brass power supply, I can replace the power supply for you. Of course, refunds are also supported

Thats all well and good if its a 140w output power supply, but were not seeing that number on the power brick which is what people are concerned about. AFAIK its 126w from what I see, which is what people are concerned about. A undersized power supply is just that...

Again, no horse in the race for me, but it definitely makes me wonder about what else is going on product wise. Is the packaging bogus or is the supply truly under rated.

6617E644-4C10-425F-88D6-49FACBAD53E8~2.jpeg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"It is our customized 140W power supply". Does this mean they took the 126W power supplies in their inventory and somehow altered them to make them 140W, which would explain the 126W original labeling?

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats all well and good if its a 140w output power supply, but were not seeing that number on the power brick which is what people are concerned about. AFAIK its 126w from what I see, which is what people are concerned about. A undersized power supply is just that...

Again, no horse in the race for me, but it definitely makes me wonder about what else is going on product wise. Is the packaging bogus or is the supply truly under rated.

6617E644-4C10-425F-88D6-49FACBAD53E8~2.jpeg

My guess is "the trouble" the bronze power bricks were causing was the supplier spiked the cost on them so they went with cheaper ones.
"It is our customized 140W power supply". Does this mean they took the 126W power supplies in their inventory and somehow altered them to make them 140W, which would explain the 126W original labeling?
This is what I'm thinking. I was told by noopsyche that they use the 126w casing to make their own. Idk what to believe honestly. But I feel as if that should have been stated clearly somewhere so that this post would have never occurred.

I did plug it into my apex today. Apex reads it as using 1.5 amps full tilt and 1.6 full tilt when the fan comes on. So if I'm thinking this through correctly. 110 x 1.5= 176watts. And then taking in the power factor of the power supply efficiency guessing that to be around 80% and that yields 140.8 watts. I could have this all wrong. Admittedly I don't know much about this. Just don't want my house to burn down.

Just hope that if they altered the supply everything was altered correctly.

The provider power supply does get warm to touch. Not hot but warm enough. Not sure what is normal for a power supply of that power. My red sea led supply does get warm to touch. Maybe slightly less warm that this supply.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche @Zach B this power supply needs to be replaced ASAP with the proper labelling. This is a crazy lawsuit waiting to happen.
I would hate to hear that the power supply caused a fire or anything similar because it was under rated or not as stated when purchased.

I love my noopsyche lights, but if it's bad labelling it needs to be rectified immediately and replacement and shipping should be covered 100%

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I have tried and I think we all have. As i have always backed and supported @noopsyche this has become a serious problem. It is hard to support and push a product that cant give straight answers about why things have changed. In the beginning this product was amazing and had lots of information and help. This will be the turning point on where things go from here. Not just for myself but for a lot of people that truly support your product. I feel sorry for you OP that you are going through this and hope for the best possible result. Things like this can make or break a company unfortunately. Especially when you have an internationally read forum that is looking for answers. Real answers not round about vague statements. I will be basing my support on how this thread turns out. Again OP I am sorry you are going through this and hope this is resolved before it completely destroys a great product.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition, you said that you saw the product introduction was the brass power supply, I can replace the power supply for you. Of course, refunds are also supported.

I believe a replacement power supply with the brass version was offered here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back