Sorry its indeed hard to see. I'll give feedback to the tech
1663826288017.png

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I came across your YT channel ladt night and the corals and light look amazing.

How is the spread ?

Is there a lot of disco or no ?

How is the overall full spectrum not just the blue/violet spectrum ?

I would love to see the par numbers,I wanted to see if I could get on a beta or something and get some par reasings but never heard back. I wish there was more feedback about these lights.

One thing about all the manufactured lights these days,they all leave me wanting more from the spectrum lol so I just keep building my own.

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I came across your YT channel ladt night and the corals and light look amazing.

How is the spread ?

I would love to see the par numbers,I wanted to see if I could get on a beta or something and get some par reasings but never heard back. I wish there was more feedback about these lights.

One thing about all the manufactured lights these days,they all leave me wanting more from the spectrum lol so I just keep building my own.
Spreads good, power is good - wish there was more blue / purple over white but I’m sure you can tell the ratios of colors by the website, I’m a fan of the light and coming from Kessil - the shimmer is like just over / around half of the disco they produce

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spreads good, power is good - wish there was more blue / purple over white but I’m sure you can tell the ratios of colors by the website, I’m a fan of the light and coming from Kessil - the shimmer is like just over / around half of the disco they produce

I have tried getting @noopsyche to reconsider the layout numeruos times. Idk how up to date you are on diodes but:

I feel like dropping AT LEAST 2 regular blues,and replacing with royal blues or a 385nm and 430nm violets/uv would be great and add a good pump in spectrum and par. A lot of people thing UV/Violet is useless but lower nm uv like 385nm can actually help reduce the chances of bacterial infections in LPS like torches,hammers and acan's (learned this from a podcast ReefBum put out)

Regular blue can be SUPER overpowering,but does help to bring out colors like red,orange,pinks in corals. But 6 in an array that small is just too much. Are the regular blues on the same channel as the royals or are the violets on the royal channel ?

Dropping the 2 cool whites and replacing with a nw/ww and a mint or lime would do WONDERS. Mint is an incredible diode. When used with warm whites mainly,it completely kills the yellowing a ww emitts,makes everything crisp AND eliminates the need for red and green diodes since they are heavy in those 2 colors. You can use mint and royal blue ans get an impessive whiteish blue light with tons of pop.

Adding violets to the royal channel would be a good touch. Less channels to achieve the actinic setting.

Thats good to hear about the shimmer because honestly,Kessil's shimmet makes me want to throw up when I look at tanks light by them. It literally makes my head hurt lol.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree with this spread was good enough to have a shade made but my column tank is 13 inches across the depth that I get is awesome and have noticed a huge difference in coral life and growth. So far i can tell a huge difference in the hammer coral and torch. The zoas are doing awesome and i see new growth as well the mushroom has gotten a new mouth and i am going to see if it splits on its own. Everything is doing fantastic.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How is the spread ?

The full spectrum looks awesome i do have the whites on a minimal due to the fact i work nights and this is a tank that is in my room have been considering moving tank to living area soon though because of the awesome coloring i can achieve with this light and the full spectrum

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be posting updates on this thread shortly i had a cracked arm bracket that has unfortunately had me take the light down to avoid any damage to light or tank @noopsyche has been awesome and has sent a replacement this way for it and as soon as i get it back to posting on the YouTube channel and here about it as well as my build thread. I have another thread diamond in the rought that will be getting two of these lights to help the original 100w nicrew i had on this tank originally on a 55g frag tank. That i have done a huge stand restoration and custom sump build on i will add the tank build below....

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions for the mini owners!!! Is the mounting arm removable at all? I'm trying to figure out if I can mount this to the underside of a hood.
It is and has a screw hole on top that connects to the arm

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I'm heavily considering this for my new tall tank. It's 18" tall but only 12" wide so lighting options are difficult. Thank you for your reply!

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I'm heavily considering this for my new tall tank. It's 18" tall but only 12" wide so lighting options are difficult. Thank you for your reply!
I have a 18 tall 13 wide column and it works awesome

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The full spectrum looks awesome i do have the whites on a minimal due to the fact i work nights and this is a tank that is in my room have been considering moving tank to living area soon though because of the awesome coloring i can achieve with this light and the full spectrum
That's definitely nice to hear. The light does look VERY promising for what it is and the price point,diode selection and form factor destroys the Prime. The only thing the prime has on it,is its diode layout and probably the workability of the app vs the controller issues and problems of the V3 and the V3 mini.

If I didn't build my own lights,I would get this for my future 10" sps cube.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have no complaits with @noopsyche lights and attest the shimmer and depth penetration cannot be beat

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's definitely nice to hear. The light does look VERY promising for what it is and the price point,diode selection and form factor destroys the Prime. The only thing the prime has on it,is its diode layout and probably the workability of the app vs the controller issues and problems of the V3 and the V3 mini.

If I didn't build my own lights,I would get this for my future 10" sps cube.
The new wifi does wonders for controllability. Just as a heads up it helps tremendously

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new wifi does wonders for controllability. Just as a heads up it helps tremendously
I'm sure it does,I have heard some people complaining about the big brother's app though. Buttttt,honestly once you set your lights up the first time you really shouldn't need yo mess with it much more anyways.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm sure it does,I have heard some people complaining about the big brother's app though. Buttttt,honestly once you set your lights up the first time you really shouldn't need yo mess with it much more anyways.

The app works great! However, I do not install the app on my phone. If you have an old Android laying around , factory default it and use that as your interface.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is weird same app for both. I know there is more functionality with big bro but all in all same interface.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@noopsyche Is their a manual mode For the mini on the app? For instance If I want to take photos I don’t want to have to change my schedule to achieve the right picture taking conditions. The light is working well so far, super easy to connect to, great controlability in terms of percentages and scheduling. Also is their an acclimation mode/profiles? These are some ideas if they are not already implemnted that would be nice to have!

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche Is their a manual mode For the mini on the app? For instance If I want to take photos I don’t want to have to change my schedule to achieve the right picture taking conditions. The light is working well so far, super easy to connect to, great controlability in terms of percentages and scheduling. Also is their an acclimation mode/profiles? These are some ideas if they are not already implemnted that would be nice to have!
I would agree with you as well an acclimation without changing the light settings would be nice what i have done is taken screen shots of everything to refer back to when needed.

Back