Noopsyche K7 mini 60w wifi

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried getting @noopsyche to reconsider the layout numeruos times. Idk how up to date you are on diodes but:

I feel like dropping AT LEAST 2 regular blues,and replacing with royal blues or a 385nm and 430nm violets/uv would be great and add a good pump in spectrum and par. A lot of people thing UV/Violet is useless but lower nm uv like 385nm can actually help reduce the chances of bacterial infections in LPS like torches,hammers and acan's (learned this from a podcast ReefBum put out)

Regular blue can be SUPER overpowering,but does help to bring out colors like red,orange,pinks in corals. But 6 in an array that small is just too much. Are the regular blues on the same channel as the royals or are the violets on the royal channel ?

Dropping the 2 cool whites and replacing with a nw/ww and a mint or lime would do WONDERS. Mint is an incredible diode. When used with warm whites mainly,it completely kills the yellowing a ww emitts,makes everything crisp AND eliminates the need for red and green diodes since they are heavy in those 2 colors. You can use mint and royal blue ans get an impessive whiteish blue light with tons of pop.

Adding violets to the royal channel would be a good touch. Less channels to achieve the actinic setting.

Thats good to hear about the shimmer because honestly,Kessil's shimmet makes me want to throw up when I look at tanks light by them. It literally makes my head hurt lol.
I would hate to see that it’s the way it is because of a price factor, I’m sure NP has its reasons for choosing the array it has, I do think that additional 380-430 - would be awesome I’m unfamiliar with mint diodes but interested in the combination of blue& mint you mentioned for look + increased actinic for growth & pop

Someone’s got to have plug and play diode light coming out soon haha

Do you mind elaborating on the previous interactions regarding changing the arrays

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I am sure they did,and for once a company besides EcoTech came out with a decent array. To see companies actually using WW for once in use with CW is nice. I do see why companies use cool whites because WW/NW mixed with RB makes for a purple light.

Mint is just the bee's knees lol. I was impressed when I ran 4 royals,a mint and 4 violets together and it put out a whiteish light. Its a very good diode,especially with warmer whites like 3500k-2500k.

I recently just got a NanoBox Tide and it has the V3 array,and on the white channel its 2 NW,2 WW & 2 Limes,and the limes are just too much and add a strange tint to it,and there only being 4 royals with that much white kinda sucks. So I took the array out and going to replace it with 3up's from StevesLeds for a Acro dominate pico.

Last edited:

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@noopsyche Is their a manual mode For the mini on the app? For instance If I want to take photos I don’t want to have to change my schedule to achieve the right picture taking conditions. The light is working well so far, super easy to connect to, great controlability in terms of percentages and scheduling. Also is their an acclimation mode/profiles? These are some ideas if they are not already implemnted that would be nice to have!

as soon as you want to take a photo, click Auto switch to Manual. Manual setting also can be save.
1665221768757.png

The other way is by exporting the best setting for photography, when you want to take a photo, import it and save it.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning from mine to yours just got a replacement part in earlier this week for the arm and got it switched over and the light put back on the tank corals are getting use to the light again and i have it on lower settings for now until they adjust. Shade was made by @Projects with Sam give him a shout this thing is awesome. Thank you bro bro working great.

Attachments

• 20221009_104351.jpg
    20221009_104351.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 20221009_104357.jpg
    20221009_104357.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 20221009_103606.jpg
    20221009_103606.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20221009_104329.jpg
    20221009_104329.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 20221009_104357.jpg
    20221009_104357.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 161
OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont mind the algae today is tank cleaning day will take more pucs later this afternoon.

swampcruiser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! I’m a total new guy here looking at lighting options for my 36x24 Waterbox reef not frag. I was about to pull the trigger on a sky but found this - almost seems to good to be true. With my savings I’d like to combo these or a k7 with an ATI 36 hybrid strip bracket. Is that overkill if I want SPS eventually? I’ve been out of reefing for 7 years but anxiously excited to jump back in!

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! I’m a total new guy here looking at lighting options for my 36x24 Waterbox reef not frag. I was about to pull the trigger on a sky but found this - almost seems to good to be true. With my savings I’d like to combo these or a k7 with an ATI 36 hybrid strip bracket. Is that overkill if I want SPS eventually? I’ve been out of reefing for 7 years but anxiously excited to jump back in!
I love these little guys i am grabbing two more for my 55 frag tank with a nicrew 100w in the middle. They are awesome. I will also be grabbing 2 140w big brothers for my 90g custom build i am in the process of they. I have to say noop for the price point is the way to go 2 60w would be good for you im pretty sure. They have a 18in spread.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love these little guys i am grabbing two more for my 55 frag tank with a nicrew 100w in the middle. They are awesome. I will also be grabbing 2 140w big brothers for my 90g custom build i am in the process of they. I have to say noop for the price point is the way to go 2 60w would be good for you im pretty sure. They have a 18in spread.
Have you been able to get rough par numbers of the light with Just Blues, Blues+Violets, Blues+Violets+WHites? I don’t have enough coral in my tank in order to visually make aa decision how powerful the light is haha.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been able to get rough par numbers of the light with Just Blues, Blues+Violets, Blues+Violets+WHites? I don’t have enough coral in my tank in order to visually make aa decision how powerful the light is haha.
Not quite yet i had to take the light down for a couple weeks and wait on a replacement part and just barely got it back up this weekend. Going to try and get those results this week.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with this light, is there a cooling fan at all? Where does the power supply exit the light body?

Im trying to see if this light will work, retro fitted into an existing plastic hood. It originally came with a light bulb in this section, but ive gutted it to see all useable space. I'm thinking I can squeeze it into here, but I need to consider where the cord exits the light. And considering its in a hood, i was hoping for an active fan to help with heat. There are stock ventilation holes in the hood, because it was originally had a hot lightbulb.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those of you with this light, is there a cooling fan at all? Where does the power supply exit the light body?

Im trying to see if this light will work, retro fitted into an existing plastic hood. It originally came with a light bulb in this section, but ive gutted it to see all useable space. I'm thinking I can squeeze it into here, but I need to consider where the cord exits the light. And considering its in a hood, i was hoping for an active fan to help with heat. There are stock ventilation holes in the hood, because it was originally had a hot lightbulb.
Light has a fan at the top.The cord comes out the back about 1/2in down from the top.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is a picture of top of light where power cord exitsand also fan assembly is where the light mounts to the arm. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20221009_103606.jpg
    20221009_103606.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 131
OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this light better than AI prime 16hd?
Havent had a prime light but i love the capabilities of this light easy to use wifi app is awesome and overall the quality is awesome. A light my corals love for sure had a three headed hammer recently start splitting since using this to a 4th head torch is fully extended and had zoas come back to life after slowly dying with the old light.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this light better than AI prime 16hd?
This light can have App control for less than $100 (including WiFi and Bluetooth-like AP control. In fact, there is extra control method: Device IP connect, just enter the device IP) and the light beads and lens will not burn out.

keithIHS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one of these for my 120 (2' x 2' x 4') to add to the 4 T5s I already have so that I can do SPS in half the tank and LPS softies in the other half. I took some PAR measurements (thanks, WAMAS!) with the light centered over one half of the tank, that is, the light is 12" from one end and 12" from the front. The light is 7" above the water. Please note that the error could be rather large due to water surface motion. The values jumped around +/- 10%. In hindsight I should have turned the pumps off, but hopefully this will give you a good-enough idea of what it can do in this configuration.
I took measurements a) just below the water surface centered under the light, b) 12" deep and centered, c) 12" deep and 8" toward the front, and d) about 22" deep (on the bottom) and 8" toward the front. I couldn't get centered and 22" deep due to the rocks.

Noo-Psyche K7 Mini over half of 120 gal (2' x 2' x 4'), 7" above water.
white​
blue​
purple​
all​
0” deep, center​
200​
425​
50​
760​
12” deep, center​
50​
115​
10​
180​
12” deep, 8" forward​
35​
90​
5​
125​
22” deep, 8" forward​
35​
70​
5​
100​

Someday I'd like to get a clam and hoped I could get a 2nd light to get the PAR up. I tried pointing the light at the spot where the clam would be, roughly at the 8" forward 22" deep location, and the PAR with all LEDs on was 150, an increase of 50%. You could probably also take this as the centered, 22" deep value.

By the way, my 4 T5s (2 blue+ and 2 coral+) give 190 PAR at the center 12" deep location and 120 PAR at the 22" deep, 8" forward loc.

emmysnewtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to add that setup was a breeze if you have a dual band wifi router you will have to set up an individual 2.4 channel for the light but it was simple enough. Once i was linked everything was super simple from there no issues with connection and i can control from anywhere in the house. Ramp up and down is awesome going in 1% increments to be able to fine tune the light settings and i would give an overall rating of a 10 on how easy it is to control the app interface and adjust settings in the app. The wifi capability really does make the new wifi version a breeze for control. Over this next week i will be dialing in the settings and making adjustments. Once set i will post permanent settings.

I am struggling to connect the mini I just received. I have a dedicated (pre-set) 2ghz signal, but can't even connect to that. Did you have to setup a unique channel for this? I tried googling and can't even figure out how to do that?

Honestly, my time is worth more than then hour I've already spent trying to connect this thing.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am struggling to connect the mini I just received. I have a dedicated (pre-set) 2ghz signal, but can't even connect to that. Did you have to setup a unique channel for this? I tried googling and can't even figure out how to do that?

Honestly, my time is worth more than then hour I've already spent trying to connect this thing.
What wifi network do you have?

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did set my own channel for it but was easy after a little research. I have xfinity wifi.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back