noopsyche K7 Pro II 95W Review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche

Trial mount in the cube. Have to place in the inner wall because if placed in the back wall, the horizontal run isn’t long enough, even with the light turned 90 degrees.

Which means the screw part will be submerged.

29de4248c1a157379cc139e448c66006.jpg

b7ec34c1297f29c30f7e6824d1d98768.jpg
I think that is going to be great for that tank!!

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want to placed in the back wall, can use mount to extend it, as below picture shown:
Wechat0605.png
Wechat 0605(1).png

If you place in the inner wall, the screw part will be submerged, It doesn't matter. in order to avoid salt water corrosionwe, the screw material is plastic when we design the mount.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, that piece fell out onto the floor when I opened the box. I found it and will do that. the back wall is so much more stable. I also agree with @Manose, this thing is going to be perfect for my Biocube.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea, that piece fell out onto the floor when I opened the box. I found it and will do that. the back wall is so much more stable. I also agree with @Manose, this thing is going to be perfect for my Biocube.
Looking forward to your update:)

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bracket attached and mounted to the back wall. Will start playing with the remote shortly. It looks clumsy to use. Any chance at an app?

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bracket attached and mounted to the back wall. Will start playing with the remote shortly. It looks clumsy to use. Any chance at an app?
We don't have APP right now.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any forthcoming App would only be compatible with a newer model of the light, correct? From what I've read, adding an App to the existing is not possible.
Yeah from my understanding of the nrf240 chip is that there is no support for the chips protocol with mobile(specifically Android from my research) I'm not that versed in iOS so maybe? It would have to have a new controller chip or Smartphones would have to add support for the chips protocol. Im sure it would be possible to update the controller with a Bluetooth chip and some sort of Arduino board that takes commands from BT and the board would translate it to the chips nrf protocol to broadcast. I haven't dove back in to the project since I took my controller apart to figure out what chips they were using. My thoughts were to outfit a Rpi with an nrf240 chip and seeing if I could use the Rpi's BT to receive commands and then using python send the commands out from the pi. It's too hard to find the time to be bored in the summer and I doubt they would want to release their API to make it easy so I would have to figure out how to sniff the info being sent from the nrf240 chips.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At his point, this is not an official announcement from Noopsyche. Any future developments will be announced by Noopsyche or it's representatives.

All questions should be directed to the Noopsyche forum where US representatives will get information directly from Noopsyche.

Also, you can use the contact us form on www.noopsycheusa.com

coldsteelmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah from my understanding of the nrf240 chip is that there is no support for the chips protocol with mobile(specifically Android from my research) I'm not that versed in iOS so maybe? It would have to have a new controller chip or Smartphones would have to add support for the chips protocol. Im sure it would be possible to update the controller with a Bluetooth chip and some sort of Arduino board that takes commands from BT and the board would translate it to the chips nrf protocol to broadcast. I haven't dove back in to the project since I took my controller apart to figure out what chips they were using. My thoughts were to outfit a Rpi with an nrf240 chip and seeing if I could use the Rpi's BT to receive commands and then using python send the commands out from the pi. It's too hard to find the time to be bored in the summer and I doubt they would want to release their API to make it easy so I would have to figure out how to sniff the info being sent from the nrf240 chips.

Have you got anymore time nowadays to devote to this? Haha! Seriously though, this may well be the perfect time with the lock down and all.

Cheers!

Mike

Back