Fluval Flex 15G and Noopsyche k7 pro 3?

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a noopsyche k7 pro 3 too strong for a fluval flex 15 gallon aquarium? I have another option I was looking at that's under half of the k7's watts ( amazon link for the light ) but I saw someone use on a flex for sps and lps. But I'm not sure which one I should pick.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not the k7 mini?

I’m in same boat. I have a Waterbox 15 peninsula and want a new led fixture. I am drawn to the k7 pro but feel it’s significant overkill. I’m considering the k7 mini but not sure what to do

Also I was a big fan of smatfarm when I found them on Amazon, I stayed back and let others buy them and there are many people dissatisfied with spectrum, control, etc and selling them for something else. I’m glad I passed on those. For another light to consider the nicrew hyperreef is pretty good and affordable

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not the k7 mini?

I’m in same boat. I have a Waterbox 15 peninsula and want a new led fixture. I am drawn to the k7 pro but feel it’s significant overkill. I’m considering the k7 mini but not sure what to do

Also I was a big fan of smatfarm when I found them on Amazon, I stayed back and let others buy them and there are many people dissatisfied with spectrum, control, etc and selling them for something else. I’m glad I passed on those. For another light to consider the nicrew hyperreef is pretty good and affordable
I don't think the k7 mini has as many settings you can change, and do you mean the 50 or 100 watt nicrew?

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They put out a lot of light but I don't see why you can't run it at a lower intensity. I have 6 of them over a 6ft 180g tank. I would rather have a stronger light running lower output than wishing I could get more out of a light than it can provide.
I'm thinking about it

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the K7 pro III on my Flex 32.5 and have it dialed way down, you could back it down even further for your tank if that's the light you want, you would be running at probably 10-15% power. It also has a lot of light spill on my 32.5 so you would definitely want to get the shade.

Also the app is super klunky and a massive pain to program, if you do get it check out Bean Animal's Noopsyche app, I've been using that ever since I heard about it and it's a million times easier to program the light to the settings I need. Especially when acclimating new corals.

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the K7 pro III on my Flex 32.5 and have it dialed way down, you could back it down even further for your tank if that's the light you want, you would be running at probably 10-15% power. It also has a lot of light spill on my 32.5 so you would definitely want to get the shade.

Also the app is super klunky and a massive pain to program, if you do get it check out Bean Animal's Noopsyche app, I've been using that ever since I heard about it and it's a million times easier to program the light to the settings I need. Especially when acclimating new corals.
Okay, thank you.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes but it is 50 dollars for the controller for it

From my understanding, you have control over the two channels built into the unit, plus presets. The controller is an optional upgrade that allows more control.

Personally I was thinking of trying it out and seeing if I really need the upgrade controller. There’s also a 10$ coupon on Amazon currently for the light itself.

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding, you have control over the two channels built into the unit, plus presets. The controller is an optional upgrade that allows more control.

Personally I was thinking of trying it out and seeing if I really need the upgrade controller. There’s also a 10$ coupon on Amazon currently for the light itself.
Okay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back