Noopsyche K7 Pro II Data

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same 180. Been trying to decide myself. I currently have Orphek, which have been great,and probably could get away with 2 Atlantiks. I have been stalling in hopes of the Phillips becoming available along with the ATI Straton. The more you analyze the harder it gets realizing that any of them would be just fine.

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same 180. Been trying to decide myself. I currently have Orphek, which have been great,and probably could get away with 2 Atlantiks. I have been stalling in hopes of the Phillips becoming available along with the ATI Straton. The more you analyze the harder it gets realizing that any of them would be just fine.
Nowadays with the speed at which technology advances buying lights is like buying a brand new computer or cell phone. In 6 months something better comes out.

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Luckyduck, I appreciate your input and honest advice on this matter. Would love to see what your corals look like under the Noopsyche. Any pics?
For sure. Let me see what I got. I've only had the light for 4 weeks, went on vacation for a week the day after I got it and then days after my wife and I got back my rear facing camera on my phone stopped working! I did just get a new phone so I'll snap some more pics tomorrow.

IMG_20200816_204036_MP.jpg IMG_20200817_143729.jpg IMG_20200817_122714.jpg IMG_20200817_181133.jpg IMG_20200817_181105_MP.jpg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered one. I've got a 16x19 20 gallon nano. I think I'm going to be very happy. I am switching from the AI Prime 16HD to the Noop so hopefully it's not too primitive of a change in operation. Seems very basic but I was told it will grow and color corals way better than the Prime.
I just got a 20 nano myself. Its not filled up yet though going to upgrade from my 10. Also need lights for a 36 bowfront, but how is this strong of a light working out for you? I am sure you have to turn the intensity way down so wondering if that makes the colors dull and less intense. I was wondering if I would get more color if I went with a prime or something since you could crank it up a lot more!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the pics from the 20 gallon nano with noop? They look fantastic and certainly not dull!

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 20 nano myself. Its not filled up yet though going to upgrade from my 10. Also need lights for a 36 bowfront, but how is this strong of a light working out for you? I am sure you have to turn the intensity way down so wondering if that makes the colors dull and less intense. I was wondering if I would get more color if I went with a prime or something since you could crank it up a lot more!
Noo way. No issues with burning at all. I run my whites @ 10% max red & green @ 3% max but Blues 90% max, Dark Blues 100% max and UV 95% max. Obviously the intensity varies throughout the day but they're at max for 4 hours and I also have an 8" Reef Brite UVA as supplemental lighting as well. It is way more powerful than a Prime but I've had no issues with my corals, only amazing coloration!

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the pics from the 20 gallon nano with noop? They look fantastic and certainly not dull!
Thanks! Yes they are. I must be honest though and say I just added an 8" Reef Brite UVA to supplement the Noop cuz i wanted a little extra pop but the picture of the entire tank was taken before I added that Reef Brite.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply Lucky Duck, Appreciate the input. Went to WWC's Anniversary Sale today and got to talking to one of the managers. He recommended I go with three Radion XR 15 PRO or the Blue. If I needed to I could further upgrade by adding additional XR15's as needed. It was impressive to see both the Radions and the AI's on the display tanks.
I almost went to that. ere there alot of good deals on frags? I was afraid the wait would be so long and dint want o be waiting out in the heat with masks on. I know they were only letting so many people in at a time!

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost went to that. ere there alot of good deals on frags? I was afraid the wait would be so long and dint want o be waiting out in the heat with masks on. I know they were only letting so many people in at a time!
Yes!
It was still fun and exciting. I wanted some fish for the 180 and got everything I was looking for at a 25% DISCOUNT.
30 people at a time for 45 minutes and they enforced it well. I spent some time with Carlos the livestock manager and he was very informative. Frags were 40% off and being grabbed like crazy. Sorry you missed it.

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just buy off WWC on ebay.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noo way. No issues with burning at all. I run my whites @ 10% max red & green @ 3% max but Blues 90% max, Dark Blues 100% max and UV 95% max. Obviously the intensity varies throughout the day but they're at max for 4 hours and I also have an 8" Reef Brite UVA as supplemental lighting as well. It is way more powerful than a Prime but I've had no issues with my corals, only amazing coloration!
WOWWWW! That reef bright seemed to make a heck of a difference! I am going back and forth now between the noops and radions, one reason being I wanted color spectrum that has 3 blues and uv plus cyan red and green. I found it in 4 lights. One being maxspect jump which isnt out yet, the other is zetlight ufo 8300 but they discontinued it for z8 and cant find much info on it but I finally found one place with it, the maxspect razor but I dont really want legs because I will probably use the light when I upgrade so wont work. I read a review by Jake Adams saying that cyan gives extra pop and uv and using the 3 blues. Plus BRS said it had the biggest UV spectrum and blu of any light they tested

The ufo 8300 has a quartz lens dense matrix style. with like 11 colors or something! So then I got to thinking its alot more than the z8 I originally planned on before I realized they changed it and that was only 225 at one place that had them on sale then they sold out. So theirs are 299.00 and radions are 419.00 so now I am thinking If I spend that much may as well add a little more and get the radions. As far as noop goes it only has 2 blues. I think it has UV but its is so cheap so the I dont have that feeling like a little more and could have got radions...lol. If that makes any sense. Their nice looking as well!

Maybe I will save money over the radions and just add the reefbrite although they are pretty expensive so maybe wouldnt be saving. I love the tone from your blues better has more of a lavender kick to it!

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOWWWW! That reef bright seemed to make a heck of a difference! I am going back and forth now between the noops and radions, one reason being I wanted color spectrum that has 3 blues and uv plus cyan red and green. I found it in 4 lights. One being maxspect jump which isnt out yet, the other is zetlight ufo 8300 but they discontinued it for z8 and cant find much info on it but I finally found one place with it, the maxspect razor but I dont really want legs because I will probably use the light when I upgrade so wont work. I read a review by Jake Adams saying that cyan gives extra pop and uv and using the 3 blues. Plus BRS said it had the biggest UV spectrum and blu of any light they tested

The ufo 8300 has a quartz lens dense matrix style. with like 11 colors or something! So then I got to thinking its alot more than the z8 I originally planned on before I realized they changed it and that was only 225 at one place that had them on sale then they sold out. So theirs are 299.00 and radions are 419.00 so now I am thinking If I spend that much may as well add a little more and get the radions. As far as noop goes it only has 2 blues. I think it has UV but its is so cheap so the I dont have that feeling like a little more and could have got radions...lol. If that makes any sense. Their nice looking as well!

Maybe I will save money over the radions and just add the reefbrite although they are pretty expensive so maybe wouldnt be saving. I love the tone from your blues better has more of a lavender kick to it!
That's what I would do is just get the Noop, you'll save a lot and you can just add the Reef Brite UVA. You will not be disappointed. You don't need cyan or red or green. The amount they actually change to color of your coral it's not worth it because you'll be growing algae like crazy! I barley run the whites, red/green on my Noop. It's cool to have 11 spectrums but it's just unneeded and an added cost. How big of a tank do you have?

Last edited:

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The XR15's are half the price of the XR30's and if I should need additional lights down the line it would be possible without taking a loss or having to sell the lights I purchased. I know myself and any other light would be a compromise. Now I have no excuse. Granted it was considerably more than the black boxes I own and some of the other lights I was considering but there is no 'I wish' or 'I should have waited'. As far as comparison... In my view there is none. The colors, features and convenience make me feel more than satisfied and ok with the cost. The deciding factor for me was that I could get three 15's and further down the line add more vs having to buy the XR30's at double the cost up front.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyches:
Whites off
Remaining channels at 50, 75, 100%

I still have the BRS rental MQ-510, any other tests you would suggest?

50%.jpg 75%.jpg 100%.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back