Noopsyche K7 Pro II Data

warlocktitan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where are we supposed to buy these lights?
You can get it from noopsycheusa, combine this with the new The Noopsyche hybrid is a first among it's kind. With elegance and style, the P1082 with multiple K7 Pro2 leds will save you ton of money and corals growth like weed.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing began this morning on the referenced luminaire. Initial impression is very positive. With the luminaire six inches above the water surface, and at a depth of 17" (total of 23" from light to improved MQ-510 PAR sensor) PPFD can over 300 (light at maximum intensity.) PUR, as measured by a Seneye device, is a respectable 76%.
I've got to do a ton of work with this light, but so far, so good.
Noopsyche.jpg
Love it!!! Comrade. Thanks for sharing

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a noop k7 p2 and theres no way the light can be run maxed unless you like your tank at the same color temp as a mercury vapor lamp.

The light has too many cool whites and not enough 450nm blues. So, when you crank it up on a big tank its actinic green. Not very attractive.

If you turn the whites down to 30% and royal blues up to 100% and cool blues to around 25% it has good color and great shimmer.

The UVs LEDs are stupid and just an example of the Chinese mimicking US marketing. The UVs need to be replaced with royals along with half the cool whites, and the green and reds replaced with reds and warm whites. You would then be able to crank the light to max, and get a true 14-20k reef light with sufficient warm spectrum to pull out reds and purples in SPS. Still a good light- just needs some tweaking.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, " blasterman", how are you using your K7? are you running the royal blues at 100%, cool blues at and whites at 30% ? And if you are - whats you par,etc. at? I am in need of a light quickly because my Radion fell into my tank this Am when I was cleaning , so I read this thread , and others trying to find a light quickly that I can afford.

warlocktitan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a noop k7 p2 and theres no way the light can be run maxed unless you like your tank at the same color temp as a mercury vapor lamp.

The light has too many cool whites and not enough 450nm blues. So, when you crank it up on a big tank its actinic green. Not very attractive.

If you turn the whites down to 30% and royal blues up to 100% and cool blues to around 25% it has good color and great shimmer.

The UVs LEDs are stupid and just an example of the Chinese mimicking US marketing. The UVs need to be replaced with royals along with half the cool whites, and the green and reds replaced with reds and warm whites. You would then be able to crank the light to max, and get a true 14-20k reef light with sufficient warm spectrum to pull out reds and purples in SPS. Still a good light- just needs some tweaking.
agree with the assessment but I think with better app to tweak each led then it will be much better than with controller atm.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won one last month. Can it be set for use as a refugium grow light?

That seems like a waste of a nice light. Maybe sell the "noop" and by a cheapo LED grow light off Amazon. I would be interested to puchasing - OR I can trade you my Viparspectrum grow light that I use to grow my refugium Cheato straight up any time- I will pay shipping.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts on only using two K7s on a 4x2x2 120G housing mostly softies, LPS, and a few Monties?
Thanks

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

How far apart are the pucks? My tank has a centre brace, so a third light would be over it.

Do you have any idea of the size of the screws that hold the light to the bracket? I'll be making a hanging bracket.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pucks are about 6 inches on center.

The screws are M4.

I use M4 x 32mm in my floating canopy to attach them to aluminum channel that is supported by 3d printed corner brackets.

If you check out my build thread you can see how I mounted them.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pucks are about 6 inches on center.

The screws are M4.

I use M4 x 32mm in my floating canopy to attach them to aluminum channel that is supported by 3d printed corner brackets.

If you check out my build thread you can see how I mounted them.
Great!.. Thank you!

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm digging up an old thread. I just bought these lights.... Sounds like they're not as popular as it was when it first came out. However, I'm still looking for some English manuals/instructions. Hoping someone can help?

TruckerTami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
I know I'm digging up an old thread. I just bought these lights.... Sounds like they're not as popular as it was when it first came out. However, I'm still looking for some English manuals/instructions. Hoping someone can help?
saw some videos on YouTube showing how to use the controller etc.

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a light fixture I can put over my 54 gallon corner tank that I can grow sticks and sps with... Any suggestions??? I'm currently running 2 current orbits. And I'm not impressed with them at all... They look good, just not a whole lot of intensity...

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a light fixture I can put over my 54 gallon corner tank that I can grow sticks and sps with... Any suggestions??? I'm currently running 2 current orbits. And I'm not impressed with them at all... They look good, just not a whole lot of intensity...
What are the dimensions of that tank?

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that interesting because I just pulled my K7 off a 20 long because cranked to max it doesn't have enough PAR for Acropora. Well, barely it does, but not at a good color. My Mars Aqua crushes my K7 in terms of PAR and color with the only advantage is the Noop has better shimmer. Mars aqua is also a lot cheaper.

The Noop is a cool light in concept but it had some glaring issues. The biggest problem is it doesn't have enough royal blue and too many white LEDs and too many cool blue LEDs (Windex looking blue vs deep blue).

So, to get enough intensity you have to crank the white and cool blue channels, which makes corals look really brown and green. Kind of like how cheap, knock off 14k halides used to look, or the first gen Kessils. Everything is kind of monochrome and brown. Corals don't care, and neither do fish, but if you like a lot of rich color in your tank you will hate the Noop at high intensities. Sad thing is they can fix this easily,

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back