Noopsyche on Fluval Flex 32.5 question

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a few questions about my lighting setup so see if anyone with the same light and hopefully the same tank would be willing to share what their settings are at, or if you are using one of the default app settings. I know for the Prime's some people have files to share, so I'm not sure if there are similair files available for this light.

I haven't added any corals to my tank in probably close to a year or more, so currently I don't have any living in there at the moment, but when I did everything was thriving until switching my light.

My tank is a 32.5 gallon Fluval Flex, I had the "stock" Fluval marine light that came with the saltwater tank set up, and everything was doing great (Nepthea, Frogspawn, and some other simple corals) I didn't like the output or how hot it made the tank with the lid closed, so I wanted to "upgrade" my lighting, I ordered the Noopsyche K7 Pro III and right out of the gate my nepthea and my frogspawn retracted/shrunk, I tried moving them around the tank, and tried a ton of different setting adjustments on the light, and I could not get them to thrive or open up how they were before. All parameters remained stable, and nothing changed besides the lighting... I'm not sure if the light was over powered? That's why I'm curious about what others settings are, I really like the light, but now that I'm starting to get back into my tank again I'd really like for my corals to thrive and I don't want to have to put my old Fluval light back on.

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When in doubt, run 10% a week and slowly bring it up. I had some corals just not like me until I did that. Now every time I add a coral to my tank I drop the lights to like 30% and bring it back up to what I usually run by adding 10% each week. Been working great for me and haven't lost anything

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a few questions about my lighting setup so see if anyone with the same light and hopefully the same tank would be willing to share what their settings are at, or if you are using one of the default app settings. I know for the Prime's some people have files to share, so I'm not sure if there are similair files available for this light.

I haven't added any corals to my tank in probably close to a year or more, so currently I don't have any living in there at the moment, but when I did everything was thriving until switching my light.

My tank is a 32.5 gallon Fluval Flex, I had the "stock" Fluval marine light that came with the saltwater tank set up, and everything was doing great (Nepthea, Frogspawn, and some other simple corals) I didn't like the output or how hot it made the tank with the lid closed, so I wanted to "upgrade" my lighting, I ordered the Noopsyche K7 Pro III and right out of the gate my nepthea and my frogspawn retracted/shrunk, I tried moving them around the tank, and tried a ton of different setting adjustments on the light, and I could not get them to thrive or open up how they were before. All parameters remained stable, and nothing changed besides the lighting... I'm not sure if the light was over powered? That's why I'm curious about what others settings are, I really like the light, but now that I'm starting to get back into my tank again I'd really like for my corals to thrive and I don't want to have to put my old Fluval light back on.
Hey! Would love to help but would need a bit more info regarding the light and the settings. Sending you a message now!

AUMech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Would love to help but would need a bit more info regarding the light and the settings. Sending you a message now!
I would love to get some help as well. Currently have a 24g aqua top with leather trees, zoas, gsp. My light is the K7 mini.

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get some help as well. Currently have a 24g aqua top with leather trees, zoas, gsp. My light is the K7 mini.
Okay let me take a look and I’ll see what I can find!

Darel

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread 'Noopsyche K7 mini 60w wifi'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/noopsyche-k7-mini-60w-wifi.934991/

Check this out too!

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon Fluval Flex and I upgraded my lights as well. In my case, I used Orphek OR3 bars. I started with the lights very low and raised them slightly about once a week. This slow steady approach seemed to work well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back