Lighting Fluval 32.5 Flex

Cat57

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
16
Location
Edmonton Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a new 32.5 and I have 2x Radion XR15 G6 Blues is this too much light for a mixed reef tank?
 
I'd rather have too much and turn them down. The two lights might be overkill but it'll help keep the shadowing to a minimum.

I don't have any experience with Radions but the manufacturer says 36" square for coverage. Your tank is 32" wide? You'd be right on the max coverage with 1.

Two would give very full coverage and could potentially be turned down to 30%-45%.
 
Just as a similar example - on my old 125 gallon, 6'long tank I ran 3 140 watt Noopsyche lights at 100% and got decent coverage and par. A friend has a similar 6' long, 125 gallon tank running 7 of the same lights but at 30%. Similar par but near 0 shadowing.
 
Just as a similar example - on my old 125 gallon, 6'long tank I ran 3 140 watt Noopsyche lights at 100% and got decent coverage and par. A friend has a similar 6' long, 125 gallon tank running 7 of the same lights but at 30%. Similar par but near 0 shadowing.
Thanks!
 
Yeah, Radions are solid lights, though I admit I’ve been hooked into ReefBreeders almost from the very start. I use a RB Meridian 11 over a 25 gallon lagoon and get pretty much complete coverage. Powerful enough that I run 18-24% for all lights at slightly higher than a foot over the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new