NOPOX withdrawls / flatworms

kentofms

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2014
Messages
30
Reaction score
6
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 120 gallon spsd tank (there is a thread if you want to see it) and its about 6 mo old. I'm running triton method, but I have been feeding a little heavy lately and as a result have had slightly accelerated diatoms on the sand and a need to clean the glass daily.

I ran NOPOX for a week just to help keep things in check. Everything looks great, but now i have an outbreak of flatworms. - the kind with a round head and a forked tail and they are cream colored. I'm assuming they are thriving on the bacteria the NOPOX grew. I've noticed this exact same thing in a separate reef that I dosed at the same time in the same way.

Has anyone else had this or a similar occurrence happen? I'm not worried at all. I just want to see if this has happened to other people and what they have to say. I'm sure it will resolve eventually.

IMG_0313.jpg
 
Let's see:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new