NoPox without skimmer? HELP

Jeremy K.A.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
292
Reaction score
147
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been fighting algae in my 55 gallon tank for a year, first with hair algae, and now Cyanobacteria "I know it's not an algae". Water changes haven't helped, GFO isn't helping. I've heard great things about Red Sea Nopox and want to give it a shot. Is it safe to use on a tank without a skimmer?
 
No.

what is your nitrate and phosphate.
 
No. As noted by @Hemmdog a skimmer is essential.

Documented on Red Seas portal:
1596738195525.png


https://www.redseafish.com/reef-care-program/algae-management-program/no3po4-x/
 
Wonderful, thank you all for the responses!
 
I have been using Phosban without issue. You might want to try that, just follow the directions on the bottle, I went from .40 to .03 in a matter of 2 weeks.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new