NoPox without skimmer? HELP

Jeremy K.A.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
292
Reaction score
147
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been fighting algae in my 55 gallon tank for a year, first with hair algae, and now Cyanobacteria "I know it's not an algae". Water changes haven't helped, GFO isn't helping. I've heard great things about Red Sea Nopox and want to give it a shot. Is it safe to use on a tank without a skimmer?
 
No.

what is your nitrate and phosphate.
 
No. As noted by @Hemmdog a skimmer is essential.

Documented on Red Seas portal:
1596738195525.png


https://www.redseafish.com/reef-care-program/algae-management-program/no3po4-x/
 
Wonderful, thank you all for the responses!
 
I have been using Phosban without issue. You might want to try that, just follow the directions on the bottle, I went from .40 to .03 in a matter of 2 weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new