Not a Monti?

tanksoftwiddy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Messages
67
Reaction score
18
Location
Hampton Roads Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I acquired this coral I thought it was a Monti, but since it’s gotten large (and it’s grown Quick) it’s got some crazy sweeper tentacles. What is this thing? Image is from when I got it, and currently. I bought it in June. Some sort of Chalice maybe?
4C86FD2D-1481-4AFA-91CD-80F9C590B8CE.jpeg
0F14DCF8-1C7E-4F53-8A3B-2770C4E2183F.jpeg
 
Definitely a Hollywood stunner. Echinopora lamellosa.

Edit: be careful placing other corals near this, they are very aggressive and can have 6+” sweeper tentacles.

Edit#2: apparently you’ve already experienced it’s sweeper tentacles, lol. This is what I get for skimming over posts.
 
Last edited:
Thanks all! May have to move it to its own “island” to protect other corals. Appreciate the help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new