Not common shrimp and goby pair

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by BangedUp, Feb 9, 2018.

1. BangedUp

BangedUp Active Member

hey all, any ideas for an uncommon shrimp and goby pair? Need something fun for my 32 biocube, want a pair but something different than the norm....successful pairings and rare?

Tags:

2. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Jack of All Trades, Masters in One R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

White-capped gobies are pretty rare and usually come with a shrimp, they're also pretty expensive and have an iffy success rate though.

eatbreakfast and BangedUp like this.
  3. BangedUp

BangedUp Active Member

Iffy success rate makes me sad, I hate when fish die even though sometimes it’s part of it

4. Mini Coop

Mini Coop Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I just got 2 bonded wheelers shrimp goby's paired with a red banded shrimp. A neat pair!! Fun to watch and successful in my QT through 4 weeks and prazi treatment.

BangedUp likes this.
  5. Baldguy

Baldguy Well-Known Member

Hi fin and dracula are my favorites. Not super rare but not common either. So happens DD has them both now.

BangedUp likes this.
  6. BangedUp

BangedUp Active Member

Dd?

7. Baldguy

Baldguy Well-Known Member

8. mochaclownlover

mochaclownlover Well-Known Member

Black sailfin goby and candy cane pistol shrimp. Not sure where these are sold, but would definitely be unique.
    [​IMG]

9. TerraFerma

TerraFerma Member

I have a white cap paired up with some purple/yellow/clear Indian Ocean pistol type shrimp that is on the small side of pistol shrimp. They are in a 20g and have an extensive sand tunnel network under a piece of rock. I only see them when they are trying to prevent sand ingress at one of the entrances. Super awesome when you see them but man you don't see them much.

BangedUp likes this.
  10. dwwataz

dwwataz nuttier than a squirrel turd R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I used to have a pair of hi fins with a randall's pistol shrimp. They were awesome to watch. They'd catch food and spit it into the burrow for the shrimp.
    My wheeler's does no such thing lol. I also have a small ywg in my evo who also refuses to feed his shrimp

BangedUp likes this.
  11. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Jealous! We got a Wheelers to pair up with our lonely candy stripe pistol shrimp. Got the goby through QT and acclimation, then carefully lowered it down directly in front of the pistol shrimp's den. We've done this before with hi-fin gobies and they've always just popped right down the hole and made friends. Mr. Wheeler however just kinda sat on the sand and then scurried clear to the other end of the tank. Now he's found a nice spot to perch out from his rock and pose beautifully for the back side of the tank.

12. DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

My Ctenogobiops tangaroai (Tangora goby) with his little candy pistol is great. More adventurous then my pinkbar ever was. I have had others, but my shrimp can be finicky and has killed one.

BangedUp likes this.
  13. dwwataz

dwwataz nuttier than a squirrel turd R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Here's an old pic. Sadly, the hi fins only lasted about a year for me. But the three gobies used to share the burrow, and shrimp. I never did see all three out at once. Either 1 hi fin and the wheeler, or both hi fins. IMG_3325.PNG

DeniseAndy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted