not exactly DIY but DIY

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a 200 INT IM aquarium, the foam board on which the tank will rest is sightly broken in a few spots. Spoke to IM, they were more than friendly and helpful, the issue is, I won't be able to get a replacement till 2021, I have a baby on the way and wanted to get the transfer done from 75 to the 200 before that.

so, I am thinking about getting foam insulation spray like Loctite Tite Foam or Great Stuff and then sanding the excess off? Any thoughts on this or a better idea?
If I am to just replace the foam board entirely on my dime, what will I shop for this, home depot, or lowes?

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4390.jpg

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would not use spray foam as they will break down over time with the weight of the tank.

You could use the Styrofoam insulation from the big box stores.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup.

It's basically the same thing except the one that comes with your tank is obviously black. Unless you plan on going bare bottom, you'll never see it anyways. Just don't buy the thick pink stuff as it looks like crap.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yoga mats work too. All you want is a thin buffer between the glass and wood, just in case there is some imperfections in the wood which would cause stress points in the glass.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back