Not much on Caribsea Life Rock - what's your take?

locktite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Red Sea E-170 set up for 2-1/2 yrs as a mixed reef using nothing but Caribsea Life Rock. No problems at all with the rock. Like someone else said, there are many ways to achieve the same end but I would highly recommend the Caribsea Life Rock and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

jjcheno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's purple concrete? Why not just make it yourself, 100% unique to you
Cost what 25 bucks and an afternoon

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giving this thread is few years old , and Most reviews are good with couple odd ball reviews saying it will crumble after a year . Can we get some feed back from the guys who still have this in their Systems with a year or years of using the Caribsea Life rocks . I have 2 Mega Arches about to go into the Rubbermaid Trash can for couple Months . And thinking of buying little more even though shipping is a disaster with these .

Btw to the guy above me @jjcheno . These aren’t made of concrete, I wouldn’t put anything concrete in my tank to be honest. These are Real aragonitic base rock, not cement

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe after this thread was started the process of making this rock changed. I saw a video when researching my build where a rep stated that there was some changes.

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used Life Rock twice now. Just got done setting up a tank with it a few weeks ago. Used a mixed of the shapes and the regular this time.
20170825_182721.jpg
This is such a beautiful aquascape! Would love to try to copy it if you don't mind. how did you get those islands rocks to lie so perfectly flat? was it a special one that you used?

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a dumb question but i'm rescaping half of my tank as the old scape broke. I may pick up carib sea dry live rock to build the scape. I currently have had the tank up for well over a year and half and have half the scape in the tank in for that period.

Am i able to just drop the new rock straight in?

FrontRangeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Caribsea Life Rock in my build and love it. It was easy to work with and the shapes it came in helped to form a unique structure. It looks way better than the typical dry rock, and doesn’t bring in potential pests like live rock. My tank cycled very quick with the addition of bottled bacteria, and I strongly believe that this rock has positively influenced stability in my system over the past year.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back