Not to sure

idk what im doing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this “bubble tip” 4 or so months ago not sure it’s even what I paid for.. any ideas what I may actually be or if I’m just dumb lol

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this “bubble tip” 4 or so months ago not sure it’s even what I paid for.. any ideas what I may actually be or if I’m just dumb lol
Any picture? :D that might help us to help you..

OP
OP
idk what im doing

idk what im doing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that lol

Attachments

• IMG_3261.jpeg
    IMG_3261.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 44

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it just a White Bubble Tip Anemone? :upside-down-face:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting do you have? It might be green under actinic lighting but it looks bleached in this photo. More pictures without the clowns might be helpful, I would lean away from "bubble tip" or Entacmaea quadricolor and lean more towards a bleached Heteractis magnifica. It doesn't have the characteristic bulbous tentacles and even though their tentacles vary in morphology (bubbled vs. not bubbled) they usually are still not uniform in thickness from base to tip like these look.

OP
OP
idk what im doing

idk what im doing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting do you have? It might be green under actinic lighting but it looks bleached in this photo. More pictures without the clowns might be helpful, I would lean away from "bubble tip" or Entacmaea quadricolor and lean more towards a bleached Heteractis magnifica. It doesn't have the characteristic bulbous tentacles and even though their tentacles vary in morphology (bubbled vs. not bubbled) they usually are still not uniform in thickness from base to tip like these look.

OP
OP
idk what im doing

idk what im doing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is a 2nd gen a029 aqua knight a budget light because I can not afford a really high quality one and heard this one was alright.. it is more green under a blue light but my camera won’t pick it up it’s just blasted out. I may add it was doing what you can see hear in the video not two days ago so I’m a little worried

Attachments

• IMG_3196.mov
    42 MB

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that anemone is not doing well. While they will inflate and deflate and expel waste, it is not healthy for them to hold their mouth open that long. I suspect this anemone will not last long. Under experienced care, these anemones can recover but without perfect conditions and experience to know what a healthy anemone looks like, it will be difficult to turn it around.

OP
OP
idk what im doing

idk what im doing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that anemone is not doing well. While they will inflate and deflate and expel waste, it is not healthy for them to hold their mouth open that long. I suspect this anemone will not last long. Under experienced care, these anemones can recover but without perfect conditions and experience to know what a healthy anemone looks like, it will be difficult to turn it around.
Really hurts my soul to not be able to do anything

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back