Not trying to be a Negative Nancy

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never dipped a coral or quarantined livestock. Tank is over 2 years old with no issues.
Wow, I wish I was this lucky. I used to do that in the beginning and then came the AEFW and montipora eating nudis. Thank goodness, this happened in the beginning when there were less corals. Never dared to take chance after that especially with an established reef tank.

salty_chimp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to risk it for the biscuit and not dip (aka just being lazy), then go for it. I was doing the same until i --luckily-- got red bugs. I was thinking they were black bugs and started thinking about how i was about to quit the hobby. Therefore, take it from me and im sure many others, allllways dip and never chance it if you are actually serious about keeping a reef for more than one year. and remember, no one has ever made a good biscuit being lazy

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good job getting rid of those jerks. What dip were you using?

I use Seachem ReefDip. Double dose. 20 min. Had worked well for me and seems less aggressive than others. Problem with spiders is they hide inside polyps and under the slime, so dipping is usually not effective anyway.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t mind. Some people who I trade with it goes right in. I know their reef and want the added biodiversity. If it’s from retail (almost never) or a reef I’m not intimately familiar with it gets revive or coral pro, a rinse, then an iodine dip.

Skipping is risky, you could end up with a ton of extra work (even dipping, some pests get by). The last time I got MEN, it was on the the large monti in my display, I spent every evening sucking them out for weeks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back