Note from a married reef keeper

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new corals in from @Vivid Aquariums - Excellent service and the quickest response I've ever had. Nice getting a call to confirm from a real person for a change. First time I've used them, I'll do so again.

So my new corals are there on my little frag shelf in my display and my wife comes in this morning...

Wife: Oh new corals...I really like THAT ONE! (pointing)
Me: Oh yeah, that was the extra they sent I didn't order it - it's a polyp and I doubt I keep it in there.
Wife: But it's green and orange and waves around really pretty

At this point - I know it's already over but well...something about pride and falling with style or maybe just being a guy makes me continue.

Me: They are pretty but they can take over your tank pretty quickly.
Wife: Well I like it and the other ones I liked all died (Ouch! - that was a bit harsh if accurate. I just can't grow zoas for nothin')

Me: I'll move it to the little pico tank.
Wife: You mean that one we have no room for out here so I can't see it.....sitting out here.....with you.....together?

Not the first time we've had this discussion.

I have a rock in the middle of my display I call "Bliss". It has Red Xenia, GSP and soon some Orange Sunflower Clove Polyps.

Arthur_Dent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife and I went for a walk on the beach recently, and picked up some sargassum. There were two crabs and some shrimp in it, and we put them in a little 10 gallon in my office. She was super keen to put this swimming crab, with very pointy claws in the main reef tank.... We compromised, and will put the shrimp in there. :)

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new corals in from @Vivid Aquariums - Excellent service and the quickest response I've ever had. Nice getting a call to confirm from a real person for a change. First time I've used them, I'll do so again.

So my new corals are there on my little frag shelf in my display and my wife comes in this morning...

Wife: Oh new corals...I really like THAT ONE! (pointing)
Me: Oh yeah, that was the extra they sent I didn't order it - it's a polyp and I doubt I keep it in there.
Wife: But it's green and orange and waves around really pretty

At this point - I know it's already over but well...something about pride and falling with style or maybe just being a guy makes me continue.

Me: They are pretty but they can take over your tank pretty quickly.
Wife: Well I like it and the other ones I liked all died (Ouch! - that was a bit harsh if accurate. I just can't grow zoas for nothin')

Me: I'll move it to the little pico tank.
Wife: You mean that one we have no room for out here so I can't see it.....sitting out here.....with you.....together?

Not the first time we've had this discussion.

I have a rock in the middle of my display I call "Bliss". It has Red Xenia, GSP and soon some Orange Sunflower Clove Polyps.
And I thought I was the only one! We have a couple of freebies that I don't really want and are now "hers". "Dad, what's that one?" ...."Oh, that's your mom's coral"

But, I can't complain. If I ask how she feels about me spending $200 during an R2R sale, she always says I should get them if it makes me happy. One Saturday after a few glasses of wine, she even suggested that I get a bigger tank. I don't think she realizes how dangerous it is for her to say this stuff!

Last edited:

tikalize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like my wife. she wants all the so called PRETTY corals but don't want to hear what the difficulty level is. Lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back