Noticed on zoas tonight?

ralquist

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2023
Messages
459
Reaction score
682
Location
Kansas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Noticed this patch of zoas tonight after a herm ran them over. Seems to be quite a few only on this portion of the rock growing all around the base and stem of the zoas. Any ID help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
IMG_1176.jpeg
 
Looks like hydroids to me. They can be a bother but if they’re not bothering your zoas, I’d leave them. Some can sting you as well as your corals. They can also spread and become a pest over time. There are some threads on here regarding removal if it gets to that point.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like hydroids to me. They can be a bother but if they’re not bothering your zoas, I’d leave them. Some can sting you as well as your corals. They can also spread and become a pest over time. There are some threads on here regarding removal if it gets to that point.
Thanks so much for this, I will take a deep dive into hydroids!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new