Welcome to the Reef2Reef POTM Contest - Photo of the Month
Sponsored by Avast Marine!
This month's subject -Fish Head shot
Deadline to Enter: Nov 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm (EST)
Looking forward to a colorful POTM this month and expecting amazing picture from all to do your fish justice! Remember, the photo has to have been taken by you, and the subject has to be in your aquarium. A bit of info aroudnthe fish yuo chose and why y uochose that fish as well as info about how the shot was take is always apprecaited.
This is a photo contest after all and we're looking for the best photograph. Yes, you can use a post-editing product to better your pictures. In fact, we encourage it.
- Focus plays a big role in this types of shots. Make sure to focus on the fish eyes as that makes it look best, unless you are aiming for different artistic type of shots.
- WB is a bit tricky to get the fish colors right, shooting under whiter lights can help.
-As fish is constantly moving, a fast shutter speed will help freeze the shot. for this High ISO can help as well as boosting lights intensity, to get the fastest shutter speed possible with good exposure.
-Flash helps freeze the fish but can cause washed out colors on fish.
-Wider aperture will help blurring backgrounds and increasing exposure to achieve needed faster shutter speeds.
As always refer to the multiple photography articles or post any questions you might have on the photography forum for better support. Maybe also post a few pictures for suggestions and critique to improve your shots wile preparing for this months contest as well.
Prize: POTM Winner Banner, one year free Premium Membership and an Avast Marine Porthole courtesy of Avast Marine. Details below. (Note: Winners located outside the United States will be responsible for applicable shipping costs)
How To Enter:
Entering is easy, just a few simple guidelines to follow:
- Enter ONE photo, taken by you of the subject for the month before the deadline
- If you enter a second photo, it will be deleted so choose wisely before posting your entry
- Multiple entries, off subject photos, or broken image links will be disqualified
- Entries must be submitted before the deadline
- Photo must be taken by you and in your tank
- You must have an avatar uploaded when you enter
- Prior winner (within the last 6 months) are welcome to enter, but not eligible for the prizes
- In order to qualify to win the Avast Marine Porthole you must also like the Avast Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/avast.marine/
The mod team will select up to 15 finalists and a poll will be created and posted in the Reef Discussion Forum. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by Reef2Reef member voting. To be eligible to vote, you must have been a member for 30 days and have 25 meaningful posts. Votes by members not meeting this criteria will be disregarded in the final count. In the case of a tie, the mod team will assist in choosing the winner. Rules, deadlines and terms are subject to change, without notice, at any time. The winner will be posted and tagged in the voting poll and will have 48 hours to claim the prize.
As this is a photography competition, and the goal is to recognize the highest quality picture. So take your time, do your post shot editing, and submit your best image.
#POTM #POTMWinners #MODS