NP Bacto Balance and Reef Actif??

  • Thread starter Thread starter rishma
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rishma

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
2,757
Reaction score
2,504
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use NP bacto balance primarily to keep nutrients stable. Extremely effective in my tank, best system I have used over many years of reefing.

I am curious about Reef Actif, but concerned it will disrupt the excellent stability I have achieved with food inputs and bacto balance.

Any feedback?
 
I like Reef Actif, my corals always have positive response to it. I dose it twice a week or less if I forget.

Time for picture:
1737179075159.jpeg


I don’t think Reef Actif has drastic impact on nutrients, but… I do dose Phos Feed as well these days.

I done the combo Reef Actif with NP BB. I was dosing about 0.3ml of NP BB into 65 gal system. My NO3 was below 1ppm but PO4 was 0.1-0.3ppm.
I stopped with NP BB because I run out of dosing pump heads and I forgot to dose it.
Picture from those days:
1737179668125.jpeg

I used AFR at the time.

I may have to test NO3/PO4 one of these days, maybe…

Hope that helps,
 
I like Reef Actif, my corals always have positive response to it. I dose it twice a week or less if I forget.

Time for picture:
1737179075159.jpeg


I don’t think Reef Actif has drastic impact on nutrients, but… I do dose Phos Feed as well these days.

I done the combo Reef Actif with NP BB. I was dosing about 0.3ml of NP BB into 65 gal system. My NO3 was below 1ppm but PO4 was 0.1-0.3ppm.
I stopped with NP BB because I run out of dosing pump heads and I forgot to dose it.
Picture from those days:
1737179668125.jpeg

I used AFR at the time.

I may have to test NO3/PO4 one of these days, maybe…

Hope that helps,
Thanks for the reply! I may try it. I’ll just keep an eye on nutrients. I am just having the internal battle…there is nothing I need to improve, nothing to fix, but I really like the idea of feeding the corals more and maybe other flora and fauna.
 
Of all the products I have use, Reef Actif appears to work in “somewhat” short order, with some error given the reasonably short latency of the effects..

I say this with the caveat that long term no logging, measuring or documenting of parameters was done in tandem to back that up…
Strictly a “eyeball” recommendation FWIW,
Added: I currently use it…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new