NPS corals

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2008
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
135
Location
South Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some suggestions on easy to keep NPS, please recommend some species, links and photos would greatly be appreciated :)
 
Chili coral and carnation corals are fairly easy. Some gorgians are very easy despite what others say about them.
 
i have 4 gorgonians and a carnation coral in my tank, all of which I have had for at least 3 years. As long as you keep them well fed they should do fine. I feed my corals 2-3 times per week alternating with frozen oyster eggs, Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral Zooton. I have noticed greater polyp extension and more pods etc. in my tank since I started feeding the Pro Coral foods.
 
da3f729b.jpg

Not the easiest of the NPS but worth it if you have the time they need to eat alot or they get un happy really fast. Tubastrea they come in yellow, black, orange I have had this for two years started with one polyp.
 
i have 4 gorgonians and a carnation coral in my tank, all of which I have had for at least 3 years. As long as you keep them well fed they should do fine. I feed my corals 2-3 times per week alternating with frozen oyster eggs, Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral Zooton. I have noticed greater polyp extension and more pods etc. in my tank since I started feeding the Pro Coral foods.

I would live to see pictures! Some Gorgs are photosynthetic they can be kept. If you have kept a carnation that long you might have a record. Post some pictures, I would love to know what type. It would be very helpful for us. Thanks.
 
I would live to see pictures! Some Gorgs are photosynthetic they can be kept. If you have kept a carnation that long you might have a record. Post some pictures, I would love to know what type. It would be very helpful for us. Thanks.

Most importantly a 3 year old shot and a present shot. I have never heard of anyone keeping a carnation that long so sorry but I'm a skeptic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new