nudibranch care

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried purchasing nudibranchs (Lettuce), but I've had no luck keeping them alive for more than a few days. Am I just not choosing the right one? Or perhaps, my tank parameters off?

I keep acropora and softies just fine. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Reef cleaner's web page:
"However, sea slugs have particular care requirements that make them unsuitable for most reef tanks. They are prone to gathering at drains and intakes. Because of this, Koralia/Vortech styled powerheads pose a danger to them. Maxi Jet style powerheads, with an extended arm and fine strainer are better suited. Similarly, wide overflow slots and drains without somewhat fine mesh are likely to be traps for the sea slug."

OP
OP
BonelessEvil

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Reef cleaner's web page:
"However, sea slugs have particular care requirements that make them unsuitable for most reef tanks. They are prone to gathering at drains and intakes. Because of this, Koralia/Vortech styled powerheads pose a danger to them. Maxi Jet style powerheads, with an extended arm and fine strainer are better suited. Similarly, wide overflow slots and drains without somewhat fine mesh are likely to be traps for the sea slug."

I'm using Maxspect gyre pumps with screens on them. There's no way they got sucked in

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back