Nudibranch ZOA eater? Found this morning

Parsells Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2013
Messages
384
Reaction score
126
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking in my tank this morning and I noticed something a little fuzzy and out of place on one of my zoas. Can someone please tell me what this is. And if its reef safe? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 1361283587286.jpg
    1361283587286.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 1361283632663.jpg
    1361283632663.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 219
definitely a zoa eating nudi. would probably look cool in a little nano species tank though

if not flush him

bob
 
Clusters of white eggs. Look at the sides of what zoas/paly you have


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
If you can pull the colonies I would dip them separately. I've been using the Bayer Advanced lately. Try it. There is a thread somewhere. 10mls of bayer to 4 oz of tank water. 5 minutes or so.
 
If you dont want to dip buy a wrasse. Yellow corris or six line. They will clean them up


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I don't trust a wrasse to take care of zoa eating nudis they are too proficient, stealth and hide from the wrasses. If order to beat them you need to dip them once a week for 3 weeks to break the egg cycle
 
Last edited:
Same here. I love my yellow Corris but he didn't completely finish the job. Stay on top of any infestations. Can't really kill the eggs with just dip.

I don't trust a wrasse to take care of zoa eating nudis they are too proficient, stealth and hide from the wrasses. If order to beat them you need to dip them once a week for 3 weeks to break the egg cycle
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new