Number of hermit crabs

r4rlee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I started off in December 2020 with a 13.5 gallon reef tank I have just upgraded to 125 gallon reef tank and was wondering what’s a good number of hermit crabs to have I’ve had people tell me that I should have one per 10 gallons I’ve had people tell me that I should have one per gallon including the water that’s in the sump so just wondering for 125 gallon tank how many hermit crabs should I have

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put around 50 in my 125g tank. If I had to do it over again I probably wouldn't put any in my tank. It's hard to keep snails when the hermits are constantly killing them.

OP
OP
R

r4rlee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put around 50 in my 125g tank. If I had to do it over again I probably wouldn't put any in my tank. It's hard to keep snails when the hermits are constantly killing them.
Okay well since December I have had snails and hermit crabs living together in a tank with no problems but I will keep that in mind and keep an eye on the hermit crabs if the hermit crabs become a problem with the snails I can move them to my QT tank thanks for the heads up

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back