Number One Show Piece Fish!

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that with the exception of an Interruptus angelfish or Keyhole angelfish, any dwarf angelfish is going to be comfortable in 40 gallons, I would personally pick a Multibarred, Golden or Venustus angelfish in that order of preference, if only I could get them...
So another attractive option could be Eibli angelfish, they are beautiful fish and I have seen that few fans are attracted to this fish, an adult specimen is always spectacular.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that with the exception of an Interruptus angelfish or Keyhole angelfish, any dwarf angelfish is going to be comfortable in 40 gallons, I would personally pick a Multibarred, Golden or Venustus angelfish in that order of preference, if only I could get them...
So another attractive option could be Eibli angelfish, they are beautiful fish and I have seen that few fans are attracted to this fish, an adult specimen is always spectacular.
I love the eibli and their hybrid (Tygerpyge). Just the issue of getting hold of one.
Same issue occurs with the golden, multibarred and venustus. We just don’t get many CB fish at all over here, and then the golden is extremely rare (I’ve only ever seen one golden compared to several multicolors).

Also, for anyone with experience with a multicolour, do they darken up and gain a golden chest with age? I keep reading they do but I don’t think I’ve noticed a difference in pictures.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same situation, I've only seen one Golden angelfish since I've been into this hobby, so possibly if I see another one I'll just take it if I can. I have seen adult Multicolor angels that maintain white coloration, I understand that these fish darken under high lighting, sometimes to the point where they can even be confused with Nahackyi angelfish.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same situation, I've only seen one Golden angelfish since I've been into this hobby, so possibly if I see another one I'll just take it if I can. I have seen adult Multicolor angels that maintain white coloration, I understand that these fish darken under high lighting, sometimes to the point where they can even be confused with Nahackyi angelfish.
By dark do you mean they go blue? Or do you mean they get bolder colours?

Also, if you mean they supposedly go blueish then do you think several dark areas in the tank could keep the colours nice and bold?

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potter's Angel but since we can't find those until Hawaii opens... I'd pick Golden Angelfish. I recently got one and it's simply gorgeous. The bright red/deep orange glow is stunning. It is skittish though.
I can't WAIT until I can get my hands on a Potter's.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got hold of the tank and it’s a 3’x18”x1’ tank (IMHO, the perfect size for a nano). So keep the show piece fish ideas coming!
4B80DC4E-8929-4ECB-AF9F-A2247AB6C22A.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Do you plan to use a lid? (Asking before I suggest certain types of fish). ;)
Yes I do plan for a lid - I will still have it so it’s most likely best looked at from top down (although I don’t plan for the lid to be off all the time or even for long periods of time).

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, hope everyone’s day is going great :)
I’ve recently been thinking on upgrading my max nano as I’ve found a beautifully sized Custom Tank.
Tank size: 2.5’x18”x18” (40 Gallons/180 Litres).

Personally I have been looking into Centropyge multicolor - The Multicolor Angelfish as it has been my dream dwarf Angel for a while. But I’m intrigued on what YOU would pick!
Abit disappointed about response lol :)
I love posting pictures

Attachments

• IMG20220826192055.jpg
    IMG20220826192055.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Abit disappointed about response lol :)
I love posting pictures
I know right! Would love to see some more photos of everyone’s fish (Or inverts - I am also looking into them ;))

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a gold flake put it in your nano for a while xfer it too main
I’d love that if I could but my main is pretty much maxed out aside from sneaking in potentially another wrasse.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got hold of the tank and it’s a 3’x18”x1’ tank (IMHO, the perfect size for a nano). So keep the show piece fish ideas coming!
4B80DC4E-8929-4ECB-AF9F-A2247AB6C22A.jpeg
Nice tank, I had a 28"x16"x14" tank which is now my sump. I like gobies too so a couple of Valenciennea hendsingenii would definitely set them up, or some other awesome goby like that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back