IMG20230303185334.jpg

Rocktron1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Performs great. Zoom in on that pic, you can see a heap of skimmate

Here's how I set sump area up:
1st chamber, changed sick to media basket, have white filter floss, then I cut some round shaped medium black filter sponge next, then I have a small bag of carbon after that at bottom of basket
2nd chamber , protein skimmer at top, light, then the stock supplied rectangle black filter sponge laying horizontal across entire width of middle chamber. Under that is another bag filled with seachem matrix
3rd chamber, compact heater down low, return pump

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish include a 6 lined wrasse, two clowns, and a yasha goby. I also have a skunk shrimp and candy pistol shrimp along with hermit crabs. The reef roids are for the corals. I have a lot of leathers and zoas and I've noticed the leathers create more clones when I give them roids once a week and the zoas seem more puffy after feeding. I actually don't have any good pictures of my entire tank on my phone but I'll try to remember to take one when I get home.

I'm not saying you should stop the reef roids if you feel it is beneficial. I'm just suggesting that you are adding an awful lot of it for a small tank. Try cutting that in half, or even in a quarter. Even 1/4 of a cube for the fish you have might be too much. Try cutting that down, or feed the same but every other day instead. Keep up with your water changes and then see how things go.

I've also found that 6 lined wrasses can be holy terrors. Are you seeing any issues with it going after coral?

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running a WB25g for about a year and half, no nutrient build ups. I keep a small bag of carbon and small bag of GFO in the back and the rest is kept in line with biweekly 5g water changes w/o a protein skimmer. The reef roids is going to be your major contributing factor. Given you have a softie tank, they are going to be feeding off what the fish produce mostly, so that kind of supplemental feeding isn't really needed. I would focus on a salt that is going to keep your CA and Mg up a bit higher and ditch the reef roids. You may find switching the salt does more good than the reef roids. If you want to give soft corals a boost, add aminos that won't impact your water quality. Tropic Marin has Amino-Organic that won't impact your numbers. I dose it daily to my 25g and my numbers stay in check.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back