Nuvo 20 gallon Lighting schedule suggestions?

BennyFitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently upgraded my lights on my nuvo 20 gallon from a USA Current to 2 kessil A80 Tuna Blue with the controller. I’m planning on adding coral next year so that they tank is good with the lighting to be safe and I have been running it at 60% intensity from noon to 1400 and felt I needed to turn it down.
Here is my lighting fixes:
10am- 20% color and 25% intensity (O
12pm- 65% color and 40% intensity
1400- 65% color and 40% intensity
1600- 65% color and 30% intensity
1800- 0% color and 15% intensity
2200- 0% color and 0% intensity (OFF)
the reason I am asking is since the new lighting my tank has broke out with brown diatom on the sand and on the rocks.
Note: I did add a new live rock just before getting the lighting set up which could be the case, but I’m nervous on the lighting schedule being too intense.
If anyone has the same lights or have a suggestion on how I should keep my lighting schedule I would really appreciate it.

image.jpg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean lighting suitable for the coral? Or lightning for the tank without the coral?

If lighting without coral, you only need enough for the fish to know it’s day time and when to go to bed at lights out, so not much at all, very low intensity to control algae, the colour intensity is totally what you like the look of as the good thing about Kessil lights, they allow you to change the colour to suit, at the same time giving the same results. Full colour or low colour would have the same affect on the coral.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back