Nuvo 20g

Mom&DaughterReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much debating, ended up with a Nuvo 20g and i’m loving it so far ❤️ still only has fish but looking forward to adding corals ! What should my first be?
C1F3CA72-9717-4A64-9EF1-E47B5A1FBDE2.jpeg

coolblueatx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and great start so far. That clown needs a few friends. He looks like he's in lock down. :)

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms, zoas and leathers are pretty forgiving in terms of water parameters which will be important since your tank is relatively new. Euphyllias like torches and frogspawn will provide movement, just be sure to give them room. Most reefers would advise that you not consider anemones until your tank is mature, not just cycled, and this often takes 12 months or so.

Good luck, exciting to have so many varieties to choose from. Just do your research on this forum and other trusted sites before you talk with your LFS and you'll make the right choices for you.

OP
OP
Mom&DaughterReef

Mom&DaughterReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for your input! Took a trip to the local store and finally added some color to the tank:
Hammer
Mushroom
Rose bubble Anemone

Using blue lights only and the CoralsCoral lens

ED974A01-B0AC-478A-A938-FCF81307D1EE.jpeg

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much debating, ended up with a Nuvo 20g and i’m loving it so far ❤ still only has fish but looking forward to adding corals ! What should my first be?
C1F3CA72-9717-4A64-9EF1-E47B5A1FBDE2.jpeg
I would add quality cured live rock. Tampa Bay Saltwater is so close to your shipping and transit times would be awesome.

bdyslm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what light are you running? New to the hobby and got a nuvo 40 and it came with 2 AI Prime HDs. It was supposed to be for my daughters room to graduate her from fresh to salt. Soooo...I ended up picking up a use Nuvo 20 for her room and I'm trying to figure out a light for it. looking used...another AI Prime HD? Hydra 26? Kessil? Just not sure but it appears that one light will be sufficient.

OP
OP
Mom&DaughterReef

Mom&DaughterReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what light are you running? New to the hobby and got a nuvo 40 and it came with 2 AI Prime HDs. It was supposed to be for my daughters room to graduate her from fresh to salt. Soooo...I ended up picking up a use Nuvo 20 for her room and I'm trying to figure out a light for it. looking used...another AI Prime HD? Hydra 26? Kessil? Just not sure but it appears that one light will be sufficient.

The nuvo 20 seems like the perfect size to have in a bedroom, mines is in my room as well! I’m running 1 AI prime on it I think its more than enough especially if you’re on a budget.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back