Nuvo 38.

Anthony Danta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently set up my Nuvo 38 it was up and running for 3 years had some life things going on and had to break it down. Finally got it back up and running here are some pictures it’s still pretty new been running about 1 month or so just put my first few fish and corals in

Nuvo38 tank
Radion XR15
Vortech mp10Qd
Tunze top off
Tunze 9004 skimmer(not currently running)
Cobalt heater
Intank media basket

Current stock list
2-clowns
1-mushroom was told it’s a Superman
1-small chunk of GSP(I kno I kno my gf wanted it)
1-small Zoa frag
8-hermits
4-snails
1-sand conch

Pics below sorry for all the micro bubbles skimmer was breaking in during these pics since then they has gone away ill get some updated pics in the next week or so

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Anthony Danta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2623 tank.jpg IMG_2624 tank.jpg 57807859080__1DC84098-2002-46FB-BD7B-E91C7647E405 tanks.JPG

OP
OP
A

Anthony Danta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i trusted my LFS who helped me have 2 successful tanks in the past when i went in to get this one going again i was told with all the Indonesian bans that live rock was super expensive now and to go with the dry rock that already has the coraline look. they told me coraline will still grow over it eventually and ill get that natural pink purple look that everyone loves. I have been reading mixed reviews on this some stating that it wont grow on these rocks. Any truth to this? or any input?

Also i keep going back and forth on my scape any input on that as well? thanks in advance guys and girls!

OP
OP
A

Anthony Danta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
525075EE-4A02-4EEA-A7F0-EA90D9BDAFE6.jpeg 314F4CD4-E29E-4A97-93AF-7B0708D3AF9C.jpeg 0A985A62-0CE6-4E61-B070-4B7572514E4A.jpeg
I moved one rock and feel like it looks a little more natural here’s a few pics of the scape once again. Any advice would be appreciated!

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pics of the filtration compartment? I just picked up one of these tanks and I'm trying to figure out how to place all the equipment.

OP
OP
A

Anthony Danta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pics of the filtration compartment? I just picked up one of these tanks and I'm trying to figure out how to place all the equipment.

i can get some tonight but this is how i have it set up. In the far left chamber i have a media basket with filter floss and chemi pure elite the next compartment i have my heater set up then the middle compartment i have the return pump of course and my ATO. the 4th compartment is empty at the moment but i have reactor set up for it used to run gfo in it ill probly start doing that when the tank matures a bit more and in the final far right chamber i have a tunze 9004 skimmer. this is how i ran it for 3 years before breaking it down and had lots of success. the skimmer took a little while to get fine tuned its kind of touchy in that chamber. but the size of it only allows it to be set up in one of the outer chambers. I also have my MP10 pushing the water towards the far right chamber where the skimmer is set up.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can get some tonight but this is how i have it set up. In the far left chamber i have a media basket with filter floss and chemi pure elite the next compartment i have my heater set up then the middle compartment i have the return pump of course and my ATO. the 4th compartment is empty at the moment but i have reactor set up for it used to run gfo in it ill probly start doing that when the tank matures a bit more and in the final far right chamber i have a tunze 9004 skimmer. this is how i ran it for 3 years before breaking it down and had lots of success. the skimmer took a little while to get fine tuned its kind of touchy in that chamber. but the size of it only allows it to be set up in one of the outer chambers. I also have my MP10 pushing the water towards the far right chamber where the skimmer is set up.
Awesome. Thank you for the detailed reply. How do you like the 9004?

What are your future fish stocking plans?

Im looking forward to seeing more updates from you!

OP
OP
A

Anthony Danta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Thank you for the detailed reply. How do you like the 9004?

What are your future fish stocking plans?

Im looking forward to seeing more updates from you!

the tunze 9004 is awesome with putting it in that far chamber tho it takes a little adjusting to get it right i run my intake about 1/4 in under the water level and my air screw is fairly closed to produce the type of skimmate i want. Also water level with it is touchy i upgraded to the tunze ATO and by doing that i haven't had any issues with constantly having to adjust my skimmer.

as far as stock i am going to keep it light i have my 2 clowns in there now i plan on adding a goby shrimp combo and then after that i am going to wait till something catches my eye maybe a royal gramma or tail spotted blenny those are what i am leaning towards. Or i am open to suggestions on my final fish. my goal is to get a zoa garden going and then a gold torch at some point once everything is dialed in and running smooth. my last few tanks i had lots of corals that took a lot of work to keep nice and i just don't have the time for that so i am going to try and stay simple and zoas to me have some awesome colors and are easy to take care of.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tunze 9004 is awesome with putting it in that far chamber tho it takes a little adjusting to get it right i run my intake about 1/4 in under the water level and my air screw is fairly closed to produce the type of skimmate i want. Also water level with it is touchy i upgraded to the tunze ATO and by doing that i haven't had any issues with constantly having to adjust my skimmer.

as far as stock i am going to keep it light i have my 2 clowns in there now i plan on adding a goby shrimp combo and then after that i am going to wait till something catches my eye maybe a royal gramma or tail spotted blenny those are what i am leaning towards. Or i am open to suggestions on my final fish. my goal is to get a zoa garden going and then a gold torch at some point once everything is dialed in and running smooth. my last few tanks i had lots of corals that took a lot of work to keep nice and i just don't have the time for that so i am going to try and stay simple and zoas to me have some awesome colors and are easy to take care of.
I am considering similar stocking on my Nuvo 38. No goby for me since I am going to try bare bottom this time.

My current stocking plans are still in the works but I was thinking something like this.

2 Clowns
1 Royal Gramma
1 Longnose Hawkfish
1 Cherub Angel (Pygmy)

A pair of fire fish or a bengai cardinal could be good if you want something that sits in the water column.

We are on the same page with corals too. Mine is going to be Softie tank for the most part with a few lps. I have a 12+ inch Toadstool in my 90g that I am bringing over that will be the center piece along with 4 bta (they like to split), mushrooms, gsp, sinularia and a few lps. I want to try to grow the gsp along the bare bottom to give it a grass look.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back