Nuvo fusion 20 build

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys I will start posting pics this coming weekend. But last week the wife wanted a smaller tank to move to the bedroom. So I purchased a IM Fusion 20 AIO. I went ahead and order a 75w cobalt neotherm. A sicce 1.5 return to upgrade the factory return. 211 hp to 350ish gph. Duetto ATO. 2 custom caddies. 1 that will run filter floss, chemi pure blue nano and possibly some go. The other 1 will run my refuge with the I'm refuge light. It also came with 2 filter socks. Will keep those as spares. I also ordered some marine pure spheres. Lighting will be simple with 1 AI Prime HD. The new lid on the fusion fits great with no gaps greater than 1/8th of inch. Plan on running 1 of my jaebo 0w-20 powerheads. I dont see a need for both.

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the equipment
20190206_024644.jpeg
20190206_024720.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some things getting moved over
Hollywood stuna 1st pic
Ultra orange yuma 2nd pic
Branching hammer 3rd pic.
Unkown acans 4th and 5th pic
The clowns and a roya gramma
20190206_053646.jpeg
20190206_053640.jpeg
1549440421312.jpeg
20190128_174623.jpeg
20190128_174819.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well some more stuff showed up today. My second custom caddy. Refuge light by Innovative Marine. And 20lbs of caribseas life rock shapes. The life rock came packaged awesomely. But the down side is I got 4 big peices. This is going to be a tough aquascape. More pics to follow tomorrow with hopefully full set up pics with water by this weekend. Only real thing I'm not happy with is the stand.

The stand I got sits to low for a good view IMO. I'd really prefer something taller to make it easier to look at standing plus the lack of closed off storage with no doors is really bothersome. I say this because my dogs wont mess with anything till someone is out side like this morning they had eat a whole container of fish food while I was warming the truck up to head to work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good I think the cave on left is little odd. I couldn't figure out how to use mine so I didn't use it lol.
Yea I agree but I'm kinda liking it to be honest. Got a pic of yours

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a box of shapes and regular used about half of each. You won't like mine lol it's a lot more rock than yours.
a9407b9571013478dffb9ff2124a05ac.jpg
Very nice. I do actually like that.

Here is the finale scape. Waiting for the 2 part to harden. This is what the wife wanted and I actually kind of dig it
20190209_221852.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ended up taking the piece of the top left. I just didnt like it. Plus it was out of the water.

Anyways I got the sand in went with special grade about 14lbs. And I dosed up to 2ppm of ammonia checked with both API and red seas. I'm also dosing stabality. I used both kits and checked 3 times to make sure because the color changes to me aren't that noticable.

Another thing I noticed is with Dr. Tim's Ammonia it says to use 4 drops per gal. I only used half that amount to acheive the 2ppm. I've read a bunch where people have used 4 drops per gal and overdosed as well as people who used 4 drops per gal and achieved 2 ppm. So it seems like it's really hit or miss. I started with 1 drop per gal and worked up until I hit 2ppm based on the amount of research I did. I honestly felt like this was the safest thing to do. I wont start testing for nitrite and nitrate until the No3 hits 0

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I've been wondering maybe someone can help me out. Should I upgrade to 2 spin streams or should I put a powerhead in the tank. If I do a powerhead qhat would be my best bet. I know I need something small. Anyone able to give me some ideas.

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the ammonia levels after 2 days are starting to drop. At 1 ppm. But no signs if nitrites. I'm wondering if I should test for nitrates. Even tho I know nitrates are the last exchange of the cycle

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Nice tank! Love the aquascape. I was debating to get the spin stream myself but decided against. $22 a pop isn’t worth it to me.

I have both the IM media caddy and intank meddia caddy and the intank is diff better. It slopes towards the overflow instead of standing straight like the IM version.

For flow

I have the tunze return pump but upgraded to the IM mighty jet dc pump recently. I like having control over all my pumps

MP10 on one end and the IM wave link wave maker in the other .

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! Love the aquascape. I was debating to get the spin stream myself but decided against. $22 a pop isn’t worth it to me.

I have both the IM media caddy and intank meddia caddy and the intank is diff better. It slopes towards the overflow instead of standing straight like the IM version.

For flow

I have the tunze return pump but upgraded to the IM mighty jet dc pump recently. I like having control over all my pumps

MP10 on one end and the IM wave link wave maker in the other .
Thank you very nice set up

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The most research I did for this tank was diff the skimmer. Or trying to find the one that fits and work well. I only have tried the reef glass and Eshopps nano skimmer before trying out the Nuvoskim skimmer. Happy with the Nuvoskim and have stopped searching . I had my tank for a few weeks without a skimmer and the surface of the water was yuck!

This tank is super easy to manage and low maint. I’m always doing something with my tank , but none of it is really needed. Just want to stay on top of things. WC and params check every week and I’m good to go.

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most research I did for this tank was diff the skimmer. Or trying to find the one that fits and work well. I only have tried the reef glass and Eshopps nano skimmer before trying out the Nuvoskim skimmer. Happy with the Nuvoskim and have stopped searching . I had my tank for a few weeks without a skimmer and the surface of the water was yuck!

This tank is super easy to manage and low maint. I’m always doing something with my tank , but none of it is really needed. Just want to stay on top of things. WC and params check every week and I’m good to go.
Yea I still havent decided on a skimmer. I have thought of potential moving a baffle if I need to and in order to use a good skimmer

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. I also have the IM Nuvo 20. Mine is set up to house a Colorado Sunburst Anemone which will arrive next week. These are really nice little tanks that look great!

OP
OP
D

Daniel87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well finally getting nitrites. Ammonia is down to roughly .50ppm. Trites are roughly .50ppm. So should I dose up ammonia again or wait till they hit 0 before dosing to 2ppm
1550189701218.jpeg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back