NYOS 220 DIY Float switch

Jonesyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to find a solution for a float switch on the NYOS 220, due to the cup shape and the dish on the lid fitment is difficult. I have made a diy float switch which is connected to my apex breakout box to alert me when the skimmer cup is full. I have no room for a skimmate locker so this is the best temporary solution I could come up with. I thought I would share if anyone else is trying to make the same modification.

1. Drilled a 10mm hole through the lid and also the dish. Inserted the float switch and glued in place.
1.jpg

2.jpg

2. Test fit in cup, I have clearance both sides for the float to rise without hitting the sides, I have switched the magnet round so now the float switch is normally open and triggers to closed much higher up the shaft.

3.jpg

3. Connected to Apex breakout box and programmed to turn skimmer off when it is full. I have used quick connects for the wiring for now to test the system and see if it works. If all is well ill add more substantial connectors and tidy the wiring.

4.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back