Ocellaris and Tomato Clownfish coexist?

landshark777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to have an Ocellaris and Tomato Clownfish in the same tank? They are both small.Will they battle to the death?

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to have an Ocellaris and Tomato Clownfish in the same tank? They are both small.Will they battle to the death?
Depends on the size of the tank. I have 2 pair of different clowns in the same tank without issue.

System is 305 gallons.

1620916554918.png

1620916635013.png

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes they can co-exist. If you only have one individual of each they seem to exhibit the same behaviors as any two individuals of the same species. I tried this three times now, and yeah they get along. Currently I have a cinnamon and ocellaris co-existing. Well, the cinnamon exerts dominance over the ocellaris by charging at it but stopping short of actually hitting, and the occy shimmies in response. So it's probably more accurate to say that they are pairing up.

Of course, I might have just been lucky all three times. Your experience might be different, but hopefully not. :)

OP
OP
landshark777

landshark777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they can co-exist. If you only have one individual of each they seem to exhibit the same behaviors as any two individuals of the same species. I tried this three times now, and yeah they get along. Currently I have a cinnamon and ocellaris co-existing. Well, the cinnamon exerts dominance over the ocellaris by charging at it but stopping short of actually hitting, and the occy shimmies in response. So it's probably more accurate to say that they are pairing up.

Of course, I might have just been lucky all three times. Your experience might be different, but hopefully not. :)
Thanks appreciate the help

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back