ocellaris bugging coral?

Atomins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my black ocellaris enjoys to suck on the tips of this sinularia, does not seem to be upsetting it as polyps are still open but im concerned he is gonna continue to mess with it and stress the coral out. any ideas?

IMG_3729.jpg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably thinks it’s his/her host. My clowns will use just about any fairly fluffy coral, with Gonis and Frogspawn(lately) being the favorites. Maybe get a nem and see if that gets them to change interest. Other than that IDK.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should see how mne rolls in and abuses her cristata. It's about 12 heads so she has some room to do it without upsetting it too much. It keeps growing.

I wouldn't worry too much. But there is a point where it becomes too much. I've reached that and had to frag particular heads off of the cristata and move them so she couldn't keep at it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
my black ocellaris enjoys to suck on the tips of this sinularia, does not seem to be upsetting it as polyps are still open but im concerned he is gonna continue to mess with it and stress the coral out. any ideas?

IMG_3729.jpg
Or it may be considering bedding itself in the sinularia and is testing it before going in. I have many clowns and they often do this with hairy mushrooms, xenia and frogspawn. Yes, I have a few BTA anemones and they wont go near them.

OP
OP
A

Atomins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably thinks it’s his/her host. My clowns will use just about any fairly fluffy coral, with Gonis and Frogspawn(lately) being the favorites. Maybe get a nem and see if that gets them to change interest. Other than that IDK.
got a rainbow bta in there but they dont seem too interested

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a rainbow bta in there but they dont seem too interested
Yeah they can be stubborn as well. When I had them in my 30, they started with Gonis but once the bta was in moved to it. Now they just ignore the nems I put in. As they say clowns will be clowns. Maybe try to move the cral if you can?

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On par with clown behavor in my experince. Probably thinking "hey this could be our new house!!"

As long as they don't love it too hard it should be okay!
They’ve “loved” 2 Gonis and aFrogspawn, their latest victim to death. im setting up a new 22 gallon tank. Seriously thinking of moving them then. I’d love to see them try to have the Acros and maybe a few other sps I want to put in the tank as hosts.

Back