Octo Lux Outlet

Dizasta

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I have an Octo Lux (Reef Octopus) Slim Flow and the return outlet is as shown in the image. I was thinking it would be good to have options to direct the flow rather than just blast the front glass.

Since the back panel is acrylic and I have no way of getting behind it I was wondering if there was some way to add a threaded or snap fitting. Perhaps a 3d printed adapter to cover the grate that could be bonded using acrylic cement.

Wondering if anyone here has ever had a similar thought?

I know vivid aquatics has some neat adapters for their random flow generators but they all screw on to the redsea and waterbox units.

Cheers

Dizasta

2.png
 
Hey guys,

I have an Octo Lux (Reef Octopus) Slim Flow and the return outlet is as shown in the image. I was thinking it would be good to have options to direct the flow rather than just blast the front glass.

Since the back panel is acrylic and I have no way of getting behind it I was wondering if there was some way to add a threaded or snap fitting. Perhaps a 3d printed adapter to cover the grate that could be bonded using acrylic cement.

Wondering if anyone here has ever had a similar thought?

I know vivid aquatics has some neat adapters for their random flow generators but they all screw on to the redsea and waterbox units.

Cheers

Dizasta

2.png
I'd definitely think this is possible with a 3d printer! I don't have one personally so couldn't attempt it for you but it may be useful to ask this in the DIY section too
 
Thanks JoshO

I have reposted in the correct forum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new