Octopus

  • Thread starter Thread starter geoshark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

geoshark

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never owned a salt water aquarium, but always kept fish since I was young. I want to get an octopus, eventually, so I came to this forum in search of the good knowledge. From beginner info, to specific husbandry regarding octopus, I am looking for anything. Thanks yall
 
They are escape artists no matter how well tank is covered, be sure to research what type you’re getting as some are venemous especially the blue ring
 
You might find this informative: https://octolab.tv/can-you-keep-an-octopus-in-an-aquarium/#:~:text=Aquarium Water Requirements for an Octopus 1 Keep,temperature of 76 to 78 degrees Fahrenheit.
And: https://www.tfhmagazine.com/articles/saltwater/so-you-want-to-keep-an-octopus

I've helped take care of one at a large, public aquarium and there are certain challenges, particularly feeding, that you should have a contingency plan for before you think about purchasing. And, be prepared for yours to hide in the rock - they aren't always out in the middle of the tank opening jars and playing with manipulatives.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new